Page 4 of 16 FirstFirst 12345678914 ... LastLast

Thread: Anybody care about Wake b-ball anymore?

Nope
    When in doubt, rub one out -BiffTannen

Scooter Banks
    I don't care anymore, but as a general principle, any ACC (or other P5) coach who loses to Houston Baptist and Gardner Webb in the same season should be relieved of their duties immediately. That's just a matter of basic competence and institutional pride. As others have said, if WFU doesn't give a shit about basketball, why should I? I give my money to the law school, which at least gives the appearance of being a first class program.

No, but I really would like to again. I know it was painful at times when we were good and have the crazy loss or the disappointment to end the season, but I would go back to that in a heartbeat over what weíve got now.
    boorish ruffian

I still care, but not all that much. [name redacted] left me exhausted, and it is no longer worth the effort to follow the team other than just casually.

Wellman had the culture/socks thing to cling to as an excuse with redacted. What does he have with Manning? I donít hear a regular excuse. Maybe Wellman doesnít have one.

hard pass
    Football. Bloody Hell.

Nope. Fuck you Ronnie boy.
    beer and titties

Steve Lepore WhatUTalkinBout Willis's Avatar
    Right here, chained to this desk for eternity
    I've generally lost interest in watching other folks over about 16 years old play ball sports. It's 100% about the money and that pretty much takes the fun out of it for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Deacon923 View Post
    I don't care anymore, but as a general principle, any ACC (or other P5) coach who loses to Houston Baptist and Gardner Webb in the same season should be relieved of their duties immediately. That's just a matter of basic competence and institutional pride. As others have said, if WFU doesn't give a shit about basketball, why should I? I give my money to the law school, which at least gives the appearance of being a first class program.

i can't think of a single ACC school, besides wake of course, where Manning would still be the head coach in year five with these results. i have no way of knowing for sure - just looking at past coaching changes at State, GT, BC, etc.

60-78 record
    23-49 ACC record

holy shit

It's reached the point where I don't even know when or who we are playing. I did watch a bit of the Tennessee game but only because it was on at the same time as our bowl game and I would check it out during commercials.

I haven't paid any money to go to a WFU basketball game since 2010. I would go if someone would offer me free tickets and a parking pass. But the past couple of seasons, I haven't even done that.

Basically, Wellman, Bz, and Manning have caused me to care so little about Wake b-ball that I won't even go see them for free.

Quote Originally Posted by WhatUTalkinBout Willis View Post
    I've generally lost interest in watching other folks over about 16 years old play ball sports. It's 100% about the money and that pretty much takes the fun out of it for me.
    even pros?

I care about the program a lot, but a few weeks ago I decided not to watch this team any more this season. It's simply not worth the anger and frustration.

Historically Competitive
    I am pretty shocked that a coaching change hasnít been made at this point. Last year was frustrating because we could have won so many games we lost. This year is flat out embarrassing.

Quote Originally Posted by DCDeacon View Post
    I care about the program a lot, but a few weeks ago I decided not to watch this team any more this season. It's simply not worth the anger and frustration.
    i hate watch only now

Quote Originally Posted by WhatUTalkinBout Willis View Post
    Yeah, they should all just play for free for your enjoyment. Maybe you just don't like sports like you think you do.

Nothing screams apathy like posting on a message board about how little you care

no need to steal the stupid schtick of others brad. yours is sufficient.

Quote Originally Posted by Wrangor View Post
    I am pretty shocked that a coaching change hasnít been made at this point. Last year was frustrating because we could have won so many games we lost. This year is flat out embarrassing.
    I would have been shocked if anything proactive were done. Wellman will have to be dragged kicking and screaming to admit his failure.

I have no idea what year it will happen.

There is nothing positive about the program and Manning does not even seem to realize there is a problem.