• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Anybody care about Wake b-ball anymore?

Contract extensions are given to provide the appearance of stability, specifically to allow coaches to recruit effectively. They typically are very easy to terminate with minimal/no penalty to the athletic department.

Yes, it's really bad that Wellman screwed up two basketball coaching hires. A fireable offense in my opinion. But the contracts and vague comments are meaningless.

Can you confirm that is the case with Manning's extended contract?

They were all touched by him or one of his assistants in some way. Penn State is a special place.

That’s why they call it Happy Valley.

Settle down knowell. Nobody on this board is "part of the problem." This board is essentially an echo chamber of about 100 fans. Equating comments on this board with reality is a really bad move. I was reminded of how much disconnect there is between message boards and reality when reading about Steve Alford's firing. The UCLA newspaper took a poll of students on their main quad. Only 30% knew that Steve Alford was their basketball coach, and that's at UCLA. 30% Of those 30%, 75% thought he should NOT be fired. What is currently happening at Wake Forest at this moment, is so far from what is currently happening on this message board - the students are not thinking about Danny Manning and if Wes Miller should be our next coach.

The problem is with Danny Manning, not the fans (I can't believe I just had to type that...).

So lots of people that go to a big state school do not realize who the basketball coach is. The same is probably true now at Wake.
That is exactly the problem.

We all know this administration is tone deaf, but they are still producing a product. People that pay for the product despite the fact that it is shitty allow them to continue to produce that product for a longer time.

Beating Cornell got Danny another 2 years. So everyone might as well settle in.

bestphan has spoken!
*better*, not best
Betterphan is part of the problem. No need to make changes while current policies are supported.
Naw. I can support change and still root for the team. Y'all do you, obviously, but pulling against the Deacs for any reason strikes me as pretty lame. Especially when you come on here to brag about it.

It's pretty damn weird to go to UCLA and not know who the basketball coach is. I can't imagine that happening at one of the other blue bloods, even in a down cycle. It's not like they're Oregon State or Minnesota...

Tomorrow officially begins BIG BOY basketball and hopefully will be the beginning of the end of this 10 year fiasco. Then again, we have Ron.

Tomorrow officially begins BIG BOY basketball and hopefully will be the beginning of the end of this 10 year fiasco. Then again, we have Ron.

Ron doesn't want to break up the Manning/Childress father-son combo. I don't have any confidence that Manning will get fired after this season, no matter the results.

Ron doesn't want to break up the Manning/Childress father-son combo. I don't have any confidence that Manning will get fired after this season, no matter the results.

I just can't imagine that with 4 out of 5 seasons having 13 or less wins he gets to stay. That would be unheard of for a program like Wake Forest. Ron would go down as the worst AD in ACC history if he stood still and did nothing at that point.

I just can't imagine that with 4 out of 5 seasons having 13 or less wins he gets to stay. That would be unheard of for a program like Wake Forest. Ron would go down as the worst AD in ACC history if he stood still and did nothing at that point.

Think of it this way. We'll have to win 33% of our ACC games this season to achieve the minimum of 13 wins. Let that marinate a while.

If this team gets to double digits, it will be surprising.

Think of it this way. We'll have to win 33% of our ACC games this season to achieve the minimum of 13 wins. Let that marinate a while.

If this team gets to double digits, it will be surprising.

Wasn't 13 the median prediction in the boards poll?

Manning will not be coaching here next year. Mark it down.

I'm going to the GT game tomorrow. Battle of ACC teams that lost to Gardner Webb. Should set ACC basketball back many a year. I'm a glutton for punishment.

I'm going to the GT game tomorrow. Battle of ACC teams that lost to Gardner Webb. Should set ACC basketball back many a year. I'm a glutton for punishment.

Be sure the wear the appropriate headwear

hi-res-d62a870949b14a8b06b3be97c2be1c0a_crop_north.jpg

I wont care until Mannings gone. The guy cant coach period.

Back