• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Anybody care about Wake b-ball anymore?

Tech scored or got fouled (or both) the last nine times it had the ball, 13 of the last 14 times and 15 of the last 17.

hahahhahaha! It got even better.

Fuck Wake basketball and anybody associated with it (outside the players). Bunch of complicit assholes at this point.

Although, on second thought, if literally every player transferred due to the shit coaching they were receiving that. would. be. A. Maz. ING.

Mr. Wellman, (Hatch also copied)

I am a lifelong Wake Forest fan and a "double deacon" (-redacted-). I'm a past season ticket holder for basketball, despite living out of town and spent years living and dying with every win and loss.

The last nine years have broken my spirit. I had hopes for Manning early on but over the last couple of seasons it has become abundantly clear that he is not the answer. As long as he is our coach the team will perform far below its potential. This HAS to be as apparent to you as it is to everyone in the fanbase that is still paying attention.

It is clear the student body is no longer invested in what was once our flagship program, and that is the real shame. I can't really blame them. Athletics is one of the strongest forces binding alumni to their school. With the decade of irrelevance our basketball program is experiencing, we have lost an opportunity to bind 2.5 generations of students to the school. We will be paying the price for that failure for the next 50 years in lack of alumni support and giving.

Decisive action needs to be taken right now. Every listless performance that goes by with Danny Manning still pacing our sidelines looking bored is further evidence that you and the powers-that-be at Wake Forest no longer care. Please prove us wrong and relieve him of his duties.

I am of no importance as a donor or supporter but I won't be attending any more events at Wake or donating any of my hard-earned money until something is done.

Respectfully,
Scooter84

Scooter - good letter. I’m sure many others would say exactly the same thing. Maybe they should.

Remember when many of us said our defense has sucked for four years, and a few people took Manning’s cock out of their mouths long enough to say “hey, it’s the players that are at fault here. Once Manning gets all of his guys in here we’ll play defense.”

As I type this WF has the #212 defense in the country

I’m imagining a Dook takeover of the Joel next week. Hopefully Wellman is in attendance.

I'm just curious how many Zion dry humping highlight reels will be made.

Wake Forest's Decade of Futility has not only caused me to not care about WFU hoops but as a result, I don't really care about ACC basketball either. I used to be able to name the starting five for every ACC team. This morning I realized that I couldn't tell you the name of ONE player at any ACC school.

Mr. Wellman, (Hatch also copied)

I am a lifelong Wake Forest fan and a "double deacon" (-redacted-). I'm a past season ticket holder for basketball, despite living out of town and spent years living and dying with every win and loss.

The last nine years have broken my spirit. I had hopes for Manning early on but over the last couple of seasons it has become abundantly clear that he is not the answer. As long as he is our coach the team will perform far below its potential. This HAS to be as apparent to you as it is to everyone in the fanbase that is still paying attention.

It is clear the student body is no longer invested in what was once our flagship program, and that is the real shame. I can't really blame them. Athletics is one of the strongest forces binding alumni to their school. With the decade of irrelevance our basketball program is experiencing, we have lost an opportunity to bind 2.5 generations of students to the school. We will be paying the price for that failure for the next 50 years in lack of alumni support and giving.

Decisive action needs to be taken right now. Every listless performance that goes by with Danny Manning still pacing our sidelines looking bored is further evidence that you and the powers-that-be at Wake Forest no longer care. Please prove us wrong and relieve him of his duties.

I am of no importance as a donor or supporter but I won't be attending any more events at Wake or donating any of my hard-earned money until something is done.

Respectfully,
Scooter84

Mr 84 Scoot,

You have no idea how much I appreciate you taking time out of whatever you do with your time to put your emotions on paper. After careful analysis I will file this letter in the same place of honor as those that have come before you.

We at Wake Forest must prioritize the needs of an entire university. While we appreciate that some alumni have an over-attachment to the athletic achievements of student athletes that arrived at school many years after their graduations, we must balance that irrational zeal with the needs of the student body as a whole. It would be criminal to treat our university as minor league feeder system for crass professional sports teams. When we hire a coach for one of our valued sports programs, we are not simply looking at who can satisfy the adolescent need for winning exhibited by a minority of alumni. We look at who can bring value to the carefully crafted image of your Alma Mater. We look to see who can impact lives once the basketball stops bouncing.

I have enclosed an envelope that I sincerely hope you will return with a donation offering your full support for our university and it's mission. Assuming the check is commensurate with your ability to give, all will be forgotten and we will speak of this no more.

Wake Forest welcomes you back into the fold.

I hope you take this response in the spirit it was intended.

Yours always,

Ronald Wellman

In the late 70's I lived in the town of Wake Forest. Remember, that was a time before cable TV and the internet. My radio would barely pick up the Winston-Salem station so to improve reception I climbed on the roof to listen to games. (I got damn cold in the winter time.) Today I won't even reach for the remote to watch a Wake basketball game on TV. I just don't care. Thanks, Ron.

Remember when many of us said our defense has sucked for four years, and a few people took Manning’s cock out of their mouths long enough to say “hey, it’s the players that are at fault here. Once Manning gets all of his guys in here we’ll play defense.”

As I type this WF has the #212 defense in the country
I remember posts from the likes of CharlotteDeac, DCDeac, Wrangor, and RJ about how this is the first time Manning has length on the wings, instead of "F-minus defenders" like Keyshawn Woods. Let's see what he can do!!!

#211 defense this year is the worst-ranked defense under Manning. Defense rankings by year under Manning:

In the late 70's I lived in the town of Wake Forest. Remember, that was a time before cable TV and the internet. My radio would barely pick up the Winston-Salem station so to improve reception I climbed on the roof to listen to games. (I got damn cold in the winter time.) Today I won't even reach for the remote to watch a Wake basketball game on TV. I just don't care. Thanks, Ron.

This

This asshole lost me when he blew that huge lead against Clemson. This was after the first year which included the timeout debacle. Then there was the UVA meltdown. I can’t believe he sucks this bad. I have a better idea of what’s going on sitting on my couch than he does. He must be a low IQ guy. That’s all I can think. Great player but mentally not quick. Plus he inspires no one. He has been an absolute disaster. Ron Wellman needs to do something now.

I remember posts from the likes of CharlotteDeac, DCDeac, Wrangor, and RJ about how this is the first time Manning has length on the wings, instead of "F-minus defenders" like Keyshawn Woods. Let's see what he can do!!!

#211 defense this year is the worst-ranked defense under Manning. Defense rankings by year under Manning:

People were trying to say that athletic guys like Rountree, Hudson, Collins were just not good defenders. As though that were not a skill you can teach to athletic guys.

It's one part Manning having no clear understanding of how to teach college defenses and one part an inability to inspire players. You have to motivate players to play defense for 40 minutes. It's not just something AAU players are going to naturally want to do.

Wake Forest's Decade of Futility has not only caused me to not care about WFU hoops but as a result, I don't really care about ACC basketball either. I used to be able to name the starting five for every ACC team. This morning I realized that I couldn't tell you the name of ONE player at any ACC school.

This is me as well. College basketball is not interesting anymore. The one and ones, the expanded ACC. The poor play, jack 3s or dunk. I like watching UVA and that’s about it. No attachment to any of the players.

By the time someone in the league like Marvin Bagley who I liked to see play, gets going he’s gone. Now it’s like a farm system for the NBA. Look at Clemson last year. Transfers came in like free agency. All ESPN does is hype shoe contract freshmen, it’s become a racket, and K with his bullshit relationships crap is the worst offender. Dirty as hell. UNC with their academic scandal is 2nd. I have more respect for Calipari who has been upfront about the whole thing.

College football is much more interesting. The QB position has changed so much and the athletes at that position are spread out unlike basketball where the best players aggregate at a few schools. The game has opened up. The Defensive tackle position now is what separates the SEC powers and Clemson from the rest

The whole thing is screwed up, and Wake is the worst offering out there.

A real 360 degree dunk.
The nitwits on TV act like it’s the first time it’s ever happened because it’s Duke. ESPN - the Lebron and Duke basketball network. And who can remember excitement like this at the Joel?

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=A5Bl-5Dzcf4

same. maybe i'm getting to be the get off my lawn old man, however when i saw people going nuts over the dunk i immediately thought about Vince Carter, Rodney Rogers, Jerry Stackhouse, Len Bias, etc. It was a nice dunk by Zion but it's not like there hasn't been anything better or just as good. Carter literally dunked over that guy in the Olympics. Hell, LD Williams had better dunks than Zion's.

also there was a guy named jordan that rocked the craddle in cole fieldhouse. that was kind of a nice dunk

same. maybe i'm getting to be the get off my lawn old man, however when i saw people going nuts over the dunk i immediately thought about Vince Carter, Rodney Rogers, Jerry Stackhouse, Len Bias, etc. It was a nice dunk by Zion but it's not like there hasn't been anything better or just as good. Carter literally dunked over that guy in the Olympics. Hell, LD Williams had better dunks than Zion's.

LD williams did not dunk better than zion

Back