• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Anybody care about Wake b-ball anymore?

Bubble Boy

Reaction score
I'm at the point where if the administration doesn't care about basketball at Wake then I don't either. It's as if Wake basketball really doesn't exist anymore. If they are on TV, I may record it, and if by some miracle they actually have a good game - watch it later; but I have no desire to waste my time watching them live. Before the season, I thought there was a chance that a young team could at least be semi-fun to watch, especially if they got better as the season progressed; however, poorly coached and executed basketball is anything but fun to watch. We can gnash our teeth and/or throw internet temper tantrums about how bad things are, but it's doubtful anything will actually change.

So basically, is there anyone that actually cares about the season at this point? I kind of feel bad for the players, but for the life of me, I can't see why anyone would want to waste time and money to partake in something that is so far from entertaining.

Why would anyone care at this point? It’s a disgrace. We just lost to Gardner fucking Webb.

I would characterize myself as above average sunshine brigade, and this season is over for me. Let’s move on to the coaching search.

I still care about Wake basketball, a lot. I don't give a shit about any coach or player currently associated with the program.

Hard to even feel sorry for the players. They have seen this cluster for 4 plus years and still chose to come.

Then again, we have seen this for 9 years now and somehow still care enough to watch. Pity us and the players. Pity the coaches for being incompetent but not having an AD competent enough to let them go on and do something useful with their lives. Their only option is to quit.

I shot my angry load on [Redacted]... Been apathetic to Manning and have tuned out till we start trying again.

Hard to even feel sorry for the players. They have seen this cluster for 4 plus years and still chose to come.

Then again, we have seen this for 9 years now and somehow still care enough to watch. Pity us and the players. Pity the coaches for being incompetent but not having an AD competent enough to let them go on and do something useful with their lives. Their only option is to quit.

I don’t care enough to watch anymore. As I just posted on another thread, I added up the number of hours I spent annually watching us lose in generally non-competitive fashion and got depressed. I will go about living my life now and stop wasting my time.

I don’t care enough to watch anymore. As I just posted on another thread, I added up the number of hours I spent annually watching us lose in generally non-competitive fashion and got depressed. I will go about living my life now and stop wasting my time.

You have been living your life. Apparently making questionable choices on how you spend your hours. Life is all about choices.

I would characterize myself as above average sunshine brigade, and this season is over for me. Let’s move on to the coaching search.

Wellman's doing the hiring? Allow me to be the first to welcome Mark Fox/Lorenzo Romar/Dave Leitao/Jeff Lebo as the new Wake Forest head coach!

I’ve lost interest in college basketball on the whole.

Most pumped I've been for football since '79; pretty much have lost interest in college basketball (not just Wake) in recent years. In fact, I saw references to G-W today and honestly assumed we were playing George Washington.

This team shouldn't get to wear a uniform with "Wake Forest" on it. Make them wear one with just "Wellman" on it instead, since that is what they really represent.

Back