• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Lady Deacs

Big win ! Wake had 3 of last year's starters siting on the bench injured.

So yeah, they just completed a season worse than the men. 10-20, 1-15 in the ACC. Hopefully Currie has a short list of women’s coaches handy as well.

Wake women end season with first round loss in ACC tournament.

So yeah, they just completed a season worse than the men. 10-20, 1-15 in the ACC. Hopefully Currie has a short list of women’s coaches handy as well.

They finished dead last in the league. It seems like a long time since a Wake team in any sport finished alone in last place in the ACC.

It is difficult to win games when half of your scholarship players are injured for half of the season.

It is difficult to win games when half of your scholarship players are injured for half of the season.
That accounts for some of this season, but certainly doesn't explain the last 30 years of failure.

More recently though, if we are consistently having injured players out for large chunks of the season, we should look at the program. Either girls are staying out longer than needed because the program sucks or there are issues with our training causing so many injuries.

We've had a winning record in the ACC once. Not once in the last 10 years, or once in the last 20 years, but once ever. What happened to Peterson? It looks like he was the best we've had in the last 30 years.

We've had a winning record in the ACC once. Not once in the last 10 years, or once in the last 20 years, but once ever. What happened to Peterson? It looks like he was the best we've had in the last 30 years.

He left for North Texas where he won 28 games in 3 seasons. It’s hard to blame the program specifically when our coaches don’t win anywhere else either. We just don’t hire good coaches and then we keep them for a long time.

Curtis has 7 losing seasons. Petersen bolted after 8. Hoover has had 7 seasons.

Hard to believe we had one of the best players in the country a few years ago.

Last edited:
I mean the level of bad luck of the women's basketball program has been been astounding. I remember one time with Peterson we had a great player ended up having to transfer to DePaul because of some family medical condition. Hoover recruited really good when she got here and then it seemed like injuries just killed it. It's like whenever we are close to turning the corner three or four bad things happen that just keeps the program down at the bottom of the ACC

I mean the level of bad luck of the women's basketball program has been been astounding. I remember one time with Peterson we had a great player ended up having to transfer to DePaul because of some family medical condition. Hoover recruited really good when she got here and then it seemed like injuries just killed it. It's like whenever we are close to turning the corner three or four bad things happen that just keeps the program down at the bottom of the ACC

This.

Across the board, women basketball players have ACL injuries 2-4 times more often than men. So all women’s programs have to deal with season-ending injuries. Wake has probably had more than its share, but women’s basketball also has 15 scholarships to use.

Back