• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Country Ham appreciation thread

I guess this should go here.

I used to get sliced country ham that was already cooked in the deli section of a grocery store back when I was in law school. I believe it was Fresh Market, but I'm not 100% sure.

Anyway, fast forward to the present and I can't find sliced, cooked country ham anywhere. Does anyone know of a place that sells it?

I got some at Harris Teeter for Thanksgiving. It was the one in Morehead City, but I think most of them carry it around here. It wasn't cheap, but it was delicious.

I got some at Harris Teeter for Thanksgiving. It was the one in Morehead City, but I think most of them carry it around here. It wasn't cheap, but it was delicious.

Thanks. I'll check out the Teeter. Was it in the deli section with all the other sliced meats?

You can order them from Edward's Virginia Smokehouse. Really good stuff.

I bought half a ham from Ronny's Country Store in Winston this morning. Looking forward to scarfing up a couple of slices this evening.

My mom bought some very thin sliced country ham a couple years ago. Cooked up amazingly and is some of the best I've ever had. She can't remember where she bought it and haven't found anything like it since.

I bought half a ham from Ronny's Country Store in Winston this morning. Looking forward to scarfing up a couple of slices this evening.

I think Ronnie’s also sells sliced if WFU03 is in Winston.

Wisconsin has this thing where Sunday is hot ham day and nearly every grocery store and gas station sells hot ham and gives you eight buns. It sounds great and it tastes fine, but it’s just deli ham under a heat lamp. I don’t really get it. I would understand if it was country ham, but it’s badger ham and not as good. I miss good county ham.

A bojangles country ham biscuit is p damn good.

The Mom & Pop's restaurant at the corner of Stratford and Knollwood had some stellar country ham back in the day. I use to alternate between there and Bell Brothers for Sunday lunch.

Back