• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Country Ham appreciation thread

Country ham, egg, and cheese from Biscuitville is the best cheap breakfast sandwich money can buy. The lack of Biscuitville in Charlotte is not cool.

Not a fan of the country ham; way to salty, way to much flavor.

Then maybe you should start a thread about why country ham sucks instead of posting on country ham's moment-in-the-sun thread.

It’s out in Indian Trail in Union County. Greater Charlotte.

Shatley Springs is the tits.

I grew up near there in West Jefferson, NC. You couldn't pay me to eat at that place. I've heard too many stories about cold food and nasty conditions in their kitchen. When I lived there, the locals ate at the Winner's Circle restaurant. They had some excellent country ham and other great dishes.

Moose Cafe in the Piedmont Triad Farmer’s Market gets theirs from some farm in Watagua County and might be the best I’ve had.

Is that the same Moose Cafe that is up right off of 40 in Asheville next to the Asheville farmer's market? I've had the country ham at that place and it is fantastic.

Is that the same Moose Cafe that is up right off of 40 in Asheville next to the Asheville farmer's market? I've had the country ham at that place and it is fantastic.

They're owned by the same people, but I believe they have different menus. I've never been to the one in Asheville.

Get ready for your mind to be blown.....replace the traditional baked ham in ham and cheese sliders with country ham. It's life changing.

The Daniel Boone Inn is pretty famous for their country ham. Most of the grocery stores carry in the mountains carry it now.

My dad mailed me a country ham from Ronnie’s country store. Happy thanksgiving country ham lovers.

I guess this should go here.

I used to get sliced country ham that was already cooked in the deli section of a grocery store back when I was in law school. I believe it was Fresh Market, but I'm not 100% sure.

Anyway, fast forward to the present and I can't find sliced, cooked country ham anywhere. Does anyone know of a place that sells it?

I grew up near there in West Jefferson, NC. You couldn't pay me to eat at that place. I've heard too many stories about cold food and nasty conditions in their kitchen. When I lived there, the locals ate at the Winner's Circle restaurant. They had some excellent country ham and other great dishes.

Helton is right. I grew up 2 miles from Shatley and it was and remains and absolute shithole that rube flatlanders think is authentic country cooking, when all their veggies come straight out of a can.

He's off about the Winner's Circle though. That place sucks too.

I guess this should go here.

I used to get sliced country ham that was already cooked in the deli section of a grocery store back when I was in law school. I believe it was Fresh Market, but I'm not 100% sure.

Anyway, fast forward to the present and I can't find sliced, cooked country ham anywhere. Does anyone know of a place that sells it?

I don’t know about in store but you can get online at Edwards.

Back