• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

I Was A Cable Guy. I Saw The Worst Of America.

myDeaconmyhand

First man to get a team of horses up Bear Mountain
Reaction score
https://m.huffpost.com/us/entry/us_5c0ea571e4b06484c9fd4c21?ec_carp=5234342402386861081

"I can’t tell you about a specific day as a cable tech. I can’t tell you my first customer was a cat hoarder. I can tell you the details, sure. That I smeared Vicks on my lip to try to cover the stench of rugs and walls and upholstery soaked in cat piss. That I wore booties, not to protect the carpets from the mud on my boots but to keep the cat piss off my soles. I can tell you the problem with her cable service was that her cats chewed through the wiring. That I had to move a mummified cat behind the television to replace the jumper. That ammonia seeped into the polyester fibers of my itchy blue uniform, clung to the sweat in my hair. That the smell stuck to me through the next job..."

I love it when people slum it doing blue collar jobs so they can write clickbait

I love it when people slum it doing blue collar jobs so they can write clickbait
I hope you're being sarcastic, otherwise you clearly didn't read the article. The author is an airforce veteran, and was a "cable tech" for 10 years.

Back