• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Billboard Anyone?

I disagree. It’s obviously exceedingly rare. In addition, if someone purchased a billboard questioning your ability to do your job you would, rightfully so, not think it’s “pretty mild.”

Compared to personal or online harassment? Yes.

Compared to published articles calling for me to be fired? Yes.

Compared to actually getting fired? Definitely.

Which one would you pick? Billboards, harassment, negative press, or getting fired?

I am not in favor of another billboard, unless it is closer to Hatch's house. I think the best response would be a massive, loud student rally on the quad in front of Reynolda Hall. Say at 4:30 or 5pm On a school day. Make it hard for Hatch to ignore the shitshow any longer.

I am not in favor of another billboard, unless it is closer to Hatch's house. I think the best response would be a massive, loud student rally on the quad in front of Reynolda Hall. Say at 4:30 or 5pm On a school day. Make it hard for Hatch to ignore the shitshow any longer.

The last time our students did anything was to create bzzzs barnyard. Someone please post that pic

Just because other fanbases are willing to do crazier shit to make known their displeasure doesn't make it ok.

Why are addresses being posted in the tags ?

Why are addresses being posted in the tags ?
Probably so we can park a Uhaul out front like all of the other tame fan bases rather than doing something unhinged like putting up a billboard that states facts.

I disagree. It’s obviously exceedingly rare. In addition, if someone purchased a billboard questioning your ability to do your job you would, rightfully so, not think it’s “pretty mild.”

It’s relative to your job though. None of us is a huge public figure making millions and whose job performance is on a running ticker on national tv. I mean, I don’t think so anyway.

Right. You shouldn’t need a billboard on Business 40 to publicize the failures of Wake Forest basketball to the people who run it.

Do the students give enough of a shit to do this?

No. They don't give enough of a shit to attend the games so they certainly aren't going to be bothered enough to go protest.

Yeah, had we not lost the attention of 2 full graduating classes of students due to our past 9 year performance, then I imagine we'd have a better chance of getting the current ones behind us for a protest. As it stands, I really don't think they give a hoot.

Can't blame the current students for not giving a shit, just like you can't blame alums and other fans for checking out once football season ended. Our AD and coaching staff don't care, so why should the fans?

I agree with most of this, except for the last sentence. Wake has very passionate fans. They care and want a good program, and they are willing to take actions to help that occur.

This just isn't true anymore. Wake use to have passionate basketball fans, but a decade of losing and despicable AD management has changed that. There are only a handful of truly passionate fans left and the majority post on the boards.

I know and work with a handful of recent wake grads, and I am by far the biggest supporter of Wake sports out of the group despite having never gone to the University. If you attended Wake after 2010 you simply don't care about Wake basketball. Hell most people here don't even care about Wake basketball despite having lived, bled, and fucking breath it almost the entirety of their adult lives.

Tell your boss he can fuck off.

A passionate fanbase wouldn't put up with this bullshit. They wouldn't ask for permission to put up a billboard or have a hard time rallying people for a revolt on the quad. Our program is dogshit but what it is worse that nobody cares enough anymore to facilitate immediate change.

#wellmanOut. He's ruined WFU Athletics for me and at least a decade of graduates.

Back