• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Billboard Anyone?

95% of these kids did not grow up wake fans. The last time we were relevant in basketball they were in elementary school. Half of them may not even know where the Joel is. The other half don't care enough to waste their time going to it.

This just isn't true anymore. Wake use to have passionate basketball fans, but a decade of losing and despicable AD management has changed that. There are only a handful of truly passionate fans left and the majority post on the boards.

Yeah, the number of once huge fans I know who no longer post here, and/or don't even realize we have a game until I anger text a group of alums that I graduated with, is fairly large. Given our age, we're entering into the prime of our DC giving years and most are completely disengaged. The effects will be lasting.

It’s relative to your job though. None of us is a huge public figure making millions and whose job performance is on a running ticker on national tv. I mean, I don’t think so anyway.
This just isn't true anymore. Wake use to have passionate basketball fans, but a decade of losing and despicable AD management has changed that. There are only a handful of truly passionate fans left and the majority post on the boards.

I know and work with a handful of recent wake grads, and I am by far the biggest supporter of Wake sports out of the group despite having never gone to the University. If you attended Wake after 2010 you simply don't care about Wake basketball. Hell most people here don't even care about Wake basketball despite having lived, bled, and fucking breath it almost the entirety of their adult lives.

Tell your boss he can fuck off.
The billboard happened for two reasons: 1. Wake basketball was godawful; and 2. The AD was absurdly trying to gaslight everyone by saying things were going great when they were obviously godawful.

How many other schools with recent tradition worth a crap would have both of those factors?
This is definitely on point but I think most of us just dont care anymore. I was so pissed about Bz that I ran the first ad in the school paper and then the ads in the News and Record during the ACC tournament. I literally had no idea we were even playing Gardener Webb the other day. Thats how bad it has gotten.

I had no idea that we were playing tonight until I got the halftime score update sent to me from the WF app.

Think I'm going to delete the app so I don't get the 0-19 ACC score updates from hereon out. :(

This is definitely on point but I think most of us just dont care anymore. I was so pissed about Bz that I ran the first ad in the school paper and then the ads in the News and Record during the ACC tournament. I literally had no idea we were even playing Gardener Webb the other day. Thats how bad it has gotten.

Wellman’s task is complete.

He’d probably be dead if he lived in Tuscaloosa.

Hell a Bama fan would call up Finebaum and brag about killing him. And dozens more would “I am Spartacus” him.

Back