• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Future of black nfl coaches a concern

At least now there will be more black candidates with experience available for teams to satisfy the Rooney Rule before hiring whatever white coach they were going to hire anyway.

I understand the hand-wringing over Wilks. I agree that Lewis is a good guy, but he had sixteen years to win a playoff game and couldn't do it. While I'm sure Ron Wellman would have signed him to a lengthy extension with a generous bonus, reasonable people get that it was time for a change in Cincy.

I have seen no evidence of this, and if the team is a reflection of the coaches character then Lewis is probably a POS.

I have seen no evidence of this, and if the team is a reflection of the coaches character then Lewis is probably a POS.

Because they have Vontez Burfict? Who else on the team is a pos? So Mike Tomlin is a pos because he has had Roethlisberger, Bell and Brown on his team?

Tomlin to Panthers pls
I don't get this love for Tomlin from the Panthers fans here. Only 2 AFC Championship Game appearances and 1 Super Bowl appearance since 2010 with some of the best offensive players in the league recently (and some of the best defensive players in the early 2010s). He is just not a good coach. His defensive schemes are so vanilla and easy to gameplan against.

I don't get this love for Tomlin from the Panthers fans here. Only 2 AFC Championship Game appearances and 1 Super Bowl appearance since 2010 with some of the best offensive players in the league recently (and some of the best defensive players in the early 2010s). He is just not a good coach. His defensive schemes are so vanilla and easy to gameplan against.

Panthers fans love Steelers coaches, see all the Cowher wishing

Panthers fans love Steelers coaches, see all the Cowher wishing

I like Tomlin, but that's residual like from years ago. If he came to the Panthers, my fear is that he would be a better version of Rivera when I think we need a coach for 2020 and beyond rather than a coach for 2000.

Back