Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Mitt fires a warning shot

Quote Originally Posted by PhDeac View Post
    The RNC announced the merger the same day the Trump Foundation was shuttered. Republicans are all in for Trump. They donít care about improprieties.
    Yes, at least for now. Shields and Brooks were talking a bit about this on Friday night, and they were saying that Romney is trying to set himself up as a 2020 Trump alternative. If 2019 is ugly, and we start to have an economic slowdown, they think he's positioning himself as the 2020 alternative. Laugh as you may, but there may be something to it. Sure, Pubs have been lock step with Trump - lest they be primaried and lose. But Romney is from Utah and will be around after Trump is no longer around. Utahans tend to loathe Trump, so Romney is not spending any political capital by criticizing Trump. And given his reputation has always been as a ring kisser who will say anything to conform to what the Pub party has become, criticizing Trump makes him appear as less of an invertebrate. And if the economy is still humming and Trump is invulnerable this time next year, then he hasn't lost anything and will refocus his attention on 2024.

PM a mod to cement your internet status forever
    PSA reminded me that Republicans just don't like Romney. Almost every other Pub in that comical field got run until they were forced to settle for Romney because Newt, the 999 pizza guy, and Santorum are complete jokes.

Yeah, Pubs in 49 other states. But Mor(m)ons don't like Trump. So Romney can say whatever he likes, and it costs him nothing. And I also think Romney and other establishment Pubs don't realize the extent to which they've lost their party. And at the same time, it can make Romney feel like his vertebrae grew three sizes that day.

Quote Originally Posted by PhDeac View Post
    PSA reminded me that Republicans just don't like Romney. Almost every other Pub in that comical field got run until they were forced to settle for Romney because Newt, the 999 pizza guy, and Santorum are complete jokes.
    At least in 2012 they had one candidate who wasnít a complete joke.

Quote Originally Posted by AsesinoDeTortugas View Post
    At least in 2012 they had one candidate who wasnít a complete joke.
    No, he had just undergone the John Edwards political surgery where he had to change 80% of his political convictions in order to get the Pub nomination.

Quote Originally Posted by Newenglanddeac View Post
    This response piece by David Perdue is something else. I donít even know where to begin.

Sen. David Perdue: Mitt Romney makes the same mistake that cost him the White House

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opini...pinions&wpmm=1
    LOL. I see that Perdue has the current GOP talking points down pat: the Democrats are no longer fellow citizens with different ideas, but the "radical (terrorist!) liberal left" with a "radical (Communist!) liberal agenda" out to harm working-class (white) folk. Oh, and the mainstream (left-wing) media are complicit in all this too.

Quote Originally Posted by Junebug View Post
    If you will forgive the metaphor mangling, here, itís the baby that has made the bath water dirty. We just need to throw out the baby, add some more water, and weíll be fine.
    When my kids shit in the bathtub, I didn't just add more water to make the problem go away. I had to drain the tub and Clorox everything before I felt safe putting my kids back in there.

PM a mod to cement your internet status forever RJKarl's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by cville deac View Post
    Yeah, Pubs in 49 other states. But Mor(m)ons don't like Trump. So Romney can say whatever he likes, and it costs him nothing. And I also think Romney and other establishment Pubs don't realize the extent to which they've lost their party. And at the same time, it can make Romney feel like his vertebrae grew three sizes that day.
    His vertebrae didn't grow. The same day Mitt said he now supported the wall.

Quote Originally Posted by Newenglanddeac View Post
    This response piece by David Perdue is something else. I donít even know where to begin.

Sen. David Perdue: Mitt Romney makes the same mistake that cost him the White House

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opini...pinions&wpmm=1
    I am embarrassed that David Perdue is my Senator. I really hope Stacey Abrams decides to run for the seat in 2020.

Quote Originally Posted by lokisapocalypse View Post
    When my kids shit in the bathtub, I didn't just add more water to make the problem go away. I had to drain the tub and Clorox everything before I felt safe putting my kids back in there.
    Lol this is the correct response.

Quote Originally Posted by lokisapocalypse View Post
    Or the current idea of adding more shit to the point that you say, "fuck it," and walk off.

Romney gets chilly reception from GOP senators after Trump attack

ďIt kind of felt like the same thing Trump does to everybody, Romney does to Trump. Smack you, and then want to negotiate,Ē said Lankford, a Republican from Oklahoma. ďIt is funny to me that while he was complaining about President Trumpís personal attacks, he was personally attacking President Trump. I donít know if he sees the irony in it.Ē
    And now Lankford is attacking Romney, will the attacks ever end?!

Robert O'Kelley