• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Mitt fires a warning shot

This response piece by David Perdue is something else. I don’t even know where to begin.

Sen. David Perdue: Mitt Romney makes the same mistake that cost him the White House

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opin..._term=.acd675955685&wpisrc=nl_opinions&wpmm=1

LOL. I see that Perdue has the current GOP talking points down pat: the Democrats are no longer fellow citizens with different ideas, but the "radical (terrorist!) liberal left" with a "radical (Communist!) liberal agenda" out to harm working-class (white) folk. Oh, and the mainstream (left-wing) media are complicit in all this too.

If you will forgive the metaphor mangling, here, it’s the baby that has made the bath water dirty. We just need to throw out the baby, add some more water, and we’ll be fine.

When my kids shit in the bathtub, I didn't just add more water to make the problem go away. I had to drain the tub and Clorox everything before I felt safe putting my kids back in there.

Yeah, Pubs in 49 other states. But Mor(m)ons don't like Trump. So Romney can say whatever he likes, and it costs him nothing. And I also think Romney and other establishment Pubs don't realize the extent to which they've lost their party. And at the same time, it can make Romney feel like his vertebrae grew three sizes that day.

His vertebrae didn't grow. The same day Mitt said he now supported the wall.

When my kids shit in the bathtub, I didn't just add more water to make the problem go away. I had to drain the tub and Clorox everything before I felt safe putting my kids back in there.

Or the current idea of adding more shit to the point that you say, "fuck it," and walk off.

Romney gets chilly reception from GOP senators after Trump attack

“It kind of felt like the same thing Trump does to everybody, Romney does to Trump. Smack you, and then want to negotiate,” said Lankford, a Republican from Oklahoma. “It is funny to me that while he was complaining about President Trump’s personal attacks, he was personally attacking President Trump. I don’t know if he sees the irony in it.”

And now Lankford is attacking Romney, will the attacks ever end?!

F9KmW0e.gif

Later on Sunday, The Atlantic reached out to Romney to confirm. Asked about the account, Romney told the publication, "C'est moi" -- French for "it's me."

I wish Romney would challenge Trump for the nomination.

Political reality: the Great Pumpkin will squash Mitt, who in his own - somewhat less obvious - way, is also somewhat of an anal personality.

I’d prefer Delecto over Cheeto Christ for sure.

But Pubs? Nah. They’ve lost their minds.

As a compromise - Trump can never be President again, and Olbermann can never do Sportscenter again.

I think reasonable people can read between the lines and clearly decipher the single individual Romney is blaming. Correctly.

Back