• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

KP Report -- Cornell Big Red -- Tonight 7 pm ACC Network

Learned from Conor's column in this morning's WSJ that too much rest "messed us up" against Gardner-Webb. That certainly explains what the culprit was in that loss.

6a00d8341c51c053ef01310f84cd3e970c-pi

We had a week of rest. G-W had 10 days.

Learned from Conor's column in this morning's WSJ that too much rest "messed us up" against Gardner-Webb. That certainly explains what the culprit was in that loss.

This has to be a joke. I’m beginning to truly despise manning.

Oooh that's a good one. Not "Tuesday games are hard" good, but still close.

I think we'll lose this one. We're seldom in position on D - a Princeton offense will make us look even more silly than usual.

I think we'll lose this one. We're seldom in position on D - a Princeton offense will make us look even more silly than usual.

This. Back door cuts and constant motion are one of our (many) nemeses.

“Coming off of the break we didn’t have that flow of the game, too,” guard Torry Johnson said. “We had a four-day break and usually we always have one day of rest and then get back to practice, so maybe that messed us up, too.

“But we’re not using no excuses, they had the same break as us.”

https://www.journalnow.com/sports/w...cle_f98cdbd1-8e6d-55db-988a-275d70181937.html

If you need a quote for the paper about what is going down with the team, put a microphone in front of Torry Johnson. I am surprised that Manning hasn't cut him off yet.

So the Wall Street Journal is writing about our basketball issues now?
I guess they're looking at it from a financial angle.
I.e. Do you fire a coach and pay him $18 million or do you keep suffering through the season and continue to harm your long term market value. Short term or long term pain or gain?
Guessing there will be a Harvard case study about this and finances of college basketball some time.

Can we please stop these meaningless reports on our opponents. Who cares!!??! What a waste of time and there should not be another until Manning is gone.

“Coming off of the break we didn’t have that flow of the game, too,” guard Torry Johnson said. “We had a four-day break and usually we always have one day of rest and then get back to practice, so maybe that messed us up, too.

https://www.journalnow.com/sports/w...cle_f98cdbd1-8e6d-55db-988a-275d70181937.html

It's like these guys don't realize they just lost to Garner Freaking Webb. Those kind of excuses might fly in a close loss on the road to a conference rival.
What a joke.

Well I'm a Wake alum who is a widower and was born in Ithaca (beautiful spot on a nice lake) and whose (sadly, now deceased) wife went to Cornell.

A Big Red win would warm my heart in so many ways. Please make it happen! Go Big Red!

Another nugget:

"Wake Forest had a combined 28 turnovers in the previous three games before committing 18 against Gardner-Webb. That includes an eight-turnover performance against Tennessee. At issue, Coach Danny Manning said after the game, was the Deacons’ ability to catch passes."

We have trouble catching passes? Good Lord...

We win! Wellman extends Danny's contract. :dancindeac:

Last edited:
Back