• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Could Dave Clawson win more basketball games as coach than Danny Manning?

Could Clawson win more bball games than Manning?

• Total voters

buckets

#1 Bald Hero
Reaction score
If Dave Clawson was the men's basketball coach starting in July 2018 with the same staff, roster, etc. would he win more games in the 2018-2019 season than Danny?

Probably about twice as many. He would get them fired up and I am pretty sure you can find a basketball coaching training course on line.

Plus they would enjoy playing for him.

I know one thing to be fact. We'd be about 10 times more organized!!!!

9JrNdUo.gif

No chance Clawson loses to Houston Baptist or Gardner Webb, so already he's a lock. Also he probably gets T'ed enough times to get tossed at least once. I'm assuming basketball refs are less tolerant than football.

Considering how many teams with less talent that we've lost to over the years, it's hard to imagine Manning as anything but a net negative. His "coaching" makes our team worse than the sum of it's parts.

He could win more games as football coach than Manning wins as a basketball coach.

per ESPN post Cornell:

Manning, when asked whether his young team knows what it is about to face in ACC play: "No. How could you? You know what I mean? You haven't been there. You don't know what it's like to be married until you're married. Living together is different. Right? But we talk about it, and the guys who have been here talk about their experiences, too. It will be trial by fire."

It seems silly to think that he would, but honestly it's hard to argue that anyone would win fewer games this year than Manning. Helen Keller would probably be just as effective.

Once Donavan Green enrolls, our WR's would make for a formidable basketball team. They will mop up the intramural league. I think the WR's, coached by Dave, would destroy our scholarship bball team coached by Danny.

per ESPN post Cornell:

Manning, when asked whether his young team knows what it is about to face in ACC play: "No. How could you? You know what I mean? You haven't been there. You don't know what it's like to be married until you're married. Living together is different. Right? But we talk about it, and the guys who have been here talk about their experiences, too. It will be trial by fire."

Personally, I thought there was very little difference between living together with my fiance and living together with my wife. Having kids obviously changes a lot, but our lives were almost identical the day before our wedding as they were the day after our wedding.

per ESPN post Cornell:

That gets my pumped up. Team is obviously ready to go.

Watch out ACC!!

Back