• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Could Dave Clawson win more basketball games as coach than Danny Manning?

Could Clawson win more bball games than Manning?

• Total voters
yep. manning has them ready for the ACC grind. looking forward to the victories

So losing to Duke by 40 is like being married. Great analogy Danny.

Maybe you should sleep on the couch tonight.

Coaching: A-F, breaking down the 3 most important aspects of becoming a successful coach in my opinion

Redacted: game coach B- Recruiter C- Motivator D-
Danny: Game coach F Recruiter B, Motivator D-
Skip: Game Coach B- Recruiter B Motivator A
Odom: Game coach B+ Recruiter B Motivator B

Personally, I thought there was very little difference between living together with my fiance and living together with my wife. Having kids obviously changes a lot, but our lives were almost identical the day before our wedding as they were the day after our wedding.

there was a small but discernible psychological shift after my wife and I got married after cohabiting for roughly 2.5 years

Personally, I thought there was very little difference between living together with my fiance and living together with my wife. Having kids obviously changes a lot, but our lives were almost identical the day before our wedding as they were the day after our wedding.
Agreed

Coaching: A-F, breaking down the 3 most important aspects of becoming a successful coach in my opinion

This says it well.

I’d like to see for one game Brandon act as player-coach. The results wouldn’t be any worse and would possibly be better.

Realizing that your Recruiter grades are subjective, I don't think there's any possible way you could grade Danny, Skip, and GDO the same.

Realizing that your Recruiter grades are subjective, I don't think there's any possible way you could grade Danny, Skip, and GDO the same.

That was my immediate reaction. Danny has brought in two good classes, and several classes that don’t belong in the ACC.

That was my immediate reaction. Danny has brought in two good classes, and several classes that don’t belong in the ACC.

Yeah I'd probably change that as well. How does this look? Danny:C Odom: B Skip: B+

skip had his issues, but he was a better in game coach than bz

This says it well.

I’d like to see for one game Brandon act as player-coach. The results wouldn’t be any worse and would possibly be better.

I was thinking, if I was the coach of this same wake team this year, would we win any less games than if Danny is the coach. I played HS basketball and thats where my resume stops. I don't think we'd win any less, and I'm not joking.

i think manning is highly overrated as a recruiter.....there i said it
collins was an outlier like duncan. no one expected either to turn out like they did. so if you are crediting manning for collins, then odom defaults to a higher grade than manning because duncan is one of the best players in history.

i think manning is highly overrated as a recruiter.....there i said it
collins was an outlier like duncan. no one expected either to turn out like they did. so if you are crediting manning for collins, then odom defaults to a higher grade than manning because duncan is one of the best players in history.

He is overrated.

i think manning is highly overrated as a recruiter.....there i said it.

Maybe overrated, but I wouldn't say highly overrated. He's been a bit all over the map. Hoard and Chaundee were very good signings, by any standard at Wake. Doral (#87), Crawford (#99), and Mucius (#94) - and to a lesser extent Massoud (#124), Neath (#157), and Collins (#185) - are recruits that historically would have been solid signings. But then he also has brought in some god-awful players, and has had trouble getting the good players to stay at Wake long enough to make a sustained impact.

No chance Clawson loses to Houston Baptist or Gardner Webb, so already he's a lock. Also he probably gets T'ed enough times to get tossed at least once. I'm assuming basketball refs are less tolerant than football.

He also would have gotten rid of Manning's staff and made a couple good hires. I think Clawson wins 12-15 games with this roster.

The same guy who Dave Odom called a selfish player who takes Wake out of games? Yeah, no.

Last edited:
The question is, can Clawson win more football games in a season than Manning can win basketball games?

Back