Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: 2019 Football Position Battles

I like Newman to start the next 2 years with Hartman getting a red shirt year. I think we will all be really happy to see a r-junior and r-senior Hartman take the starting role after several years in the system and plenty of back up experience. It just makes too much sense for the sustained longevity of the program.

Scott "Rufio" Feather

The run at 1:28 and subsequent emotion is near the top of the list why I want Newman as our QB.

Quote Originally Posted by TaipeiDeac View Post
    My guess is that when the UNC, State, then Duke games roll around in 2019 we will be favored in each of the three games. When, if ever, might that have happened before?

An 8-4 season looks to be a very reasonable expectation: 6-6 floor, 10-2 ceiling.
    Agreed, this looks to be the new normal for Clawson.

Quote Originally Posted by TaipeiDeac View Post
    My guess is that when the UNC, State, then Duke games roll around in 2019 we will be favored in each of the three games. When, if ever, might that have happened before?

An 8-4 season looks to be a very reasonable expectation: 6-6 floor, 10-2 ceiling.
    We would need to sweep our non-conference schedule and win all of our home games to get to 8-4 because we'll be an underdog in all of our road games. I think we go 7-5.

Non-Con: Villanova, Utah State, Elon, UNC, Rice (Away)

Conference Away: BC, Clemson, Syracuse, Va Tech
    Conference Home: Duke, Florida State, Louisville, NC State

Quote Originally Posted by BiffTannen View Post
    We would need to sweep our non-conference schedule and win all of our home games to get to 8-4 because we'll be an underdog in all of our road games. I think we go 7-5.

You have one extra game there - maybe nova?

definitely Newman's spot to lose, but that doesn't mean Hartman can't win it

7-5 would be a slight disappointment to me, but that certainly makes sense (other than the Villanova part - are they a different year?).

Yeah, I think Nova is a different year.
    boorish ruffian

Quote Originally Posted by liveanddiedeac View Post
    Yeah, I think Nova is a different year.

https://fbschedules.com/wake-forest-football-schedule/

Scott "Rufio" Feather
    Quote Originally Posted by CONeill View Post
    Thanks. Solid article. Sounds like Allen and Boogie won't really be on the field much together from Clawson's comments, which is a bummer.

Yeah, although in passing downs, having Allen on the end and Boogie slide inside might help on our pass rush.

Quote Originally Posted by IamThunderbolt View Post
    Yeah, although in passing downs, having Allen on the end and Boogie slide inside might help on our pass rush.
    This. Clawson/Cohen will find plenty of ways to get Allen and boogie on the field together.

Quote Originally Posted by BiffTannen View Post

13 regular season games ??

PM a mod to cement your internet status forever
    Quote Originally Posted by skinnydeac View Post
    I like Newman to start the next 2 years with Hartman getting a red shirt year. I think we will all be really happy to see a r-junior and r-senior Hartman take the starting role after several years in the system and plenty of back up experience. It just makes too much sense for the sustained longevity of the program.
    Quote Originally Posted by tigerswood View Post

The run at 1:28 and subsequent emotion is near the top of the list why I want Newman as our QB.
    Quote Originally Posted by CreamyGoodness View Post
    Agreed, this looks to be the new normal for Clawson.
    Quote Originally Posted by JuiceCrewAllStar View Post
    definitely Newman's spot to lose, but that doesn't mean Hartman can't win it
    Good posts.

Quote Originally Posted by DeacsOrDie View Post
    This. Clawson/Cohen will find plenty of ways to get Allen and boogie on the field together.
    Yeah, agree with this. Nickel defense probably won't have a safety like Cam Glenn to be on the line, but they'll find other creative ways to get a pass rush. Unless they've got two DTs step up as pass-rushers, could certainly slide Boogie inside and put Allen on the edge. A lot of you, myself too, might have PTSD from hearing the term "versatility," but it should apply to the D-line with Clawson pointing out that the field end position and DT spots are really similar.

Quote Originally Posted by CONeill View Post
    Good stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by DeacDaddy View Post
    Good stuff.
    Ditto

Quote Originally Posted by HONDO2 View Post
    13 regular season games ??
    Sorry, Nova is 2020.

I'll go with. 8-4 and a trip to El Paso to take on either USC or UCLA.