Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 116

Thread: 2019 Football — Position Battles

  1. #1

    2019 Football — Position Battles

    The obvious starting point is QB. Hartman or Newman?

    Mike LB?

    FS?

    SS?

    Slot WR?

    DT?

  2. #2
    It's Newman's to lose.
    boorish ruffian

  3. #3
    Quote Originally Posted by Lectro View Post
    The obvious starting point is QB. Hartman or Newman?

    Mike LB?

    FS?

    SS?

    Slot WR?

    DT?
    The only guys I’d go ahead and pencil in as starters are Carney, Herron, Benzinger, Basham, Kamara, Strnad and Bassey. Every other position is going to be up for grabs. Should be fun

  4. #4
    Or, it is Hartman’s to win

  5. #5
    NEW MODERAT0R
    BiffTannen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Hill Valley
    Posts
    31,188
    Donovan Greene will play all the WR positions.

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by piratedeac92 View Post
    The only guys I’d go ahead and pencil in as starters are Carney, Herron, Benzinger, Basham, Kamara, Strnad and Bassey. Every other position is going to be up for grabs. Should be fun
    I would add a healthy Amari, Gilliam, and Greer.

    Also, Sciba. He was kinda good.

  7. #7
    Slot is Hinton IF he returns, backed by Grouxl, Roberson and the freshman from Va.

  8. #8
    Has the date for the Spring Game been set?

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by BiffTannen View Post
    Donovan Greene will play all the WR positions.
    I don’t think he will play slot, but he can play both WR positions.

  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by DeacsOrDie View Post
    I would add a healthy Amari, Gilliam, and Greer.

    Also, Sciba. He was kinda good.
    He was better than "kinda good," especially considering he was a true freshman, kicking off a holding tee to wider goalposts last year.
    boorish ruffian

  11. #11
    I’m excited to see the LB quartet of a healthy (God willing) Jeff Burley and Chase Monroe added to D.J. Taylor and Ryan Smenda. WF has not ever had this potential size,speed and depth inside

  12. #12
    Quote Originally Posted by DeacsOrDie View Post
    I would add a healthy Amari, Gilliam, and Greer.

    Also, Sciba. He was kinda good.
    I think Tom is pretty much a lock for starting Center as well.

  13. #13
    Quote Originally Posted by wfu22fan View Post
    I don’t think he will play slot, but he can play both WR positions.
    Donny is a fluid athlete like we saw with J. Bates. One year of big time S&C and he will be set to takeoff imo

  14. #14
    Carney may be the work horse but you need one or two more RBs to help carry the load and provide some change up/speed to help Carney out. Our offense requires "sub-starters" at RB. So there is competition for that significant time.

  15. #15
    Scooter Banks
    DeaconSig's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    God's Country
    Posts
    9,843
    Quote Originally Posted by Lectro View Post
    I’m excited to see the LB quartet of a healthy (God willing) Jeff Burley and Chase Monroe added to D.J. Taylor and Ryan Smenda. WF has not ever had this potential size,speed and depth inside
    Abbate, Arnoux, Curry, and Eric Berry are on line 1. They'd like a word with you.

  16. #16
    Quote Originally Posted by DeaconSig View Post
    Abbate, Arnoux, Curry, and Eric Berry are on line 1. They'd like a word with you.
    Uh-oh........

  17. #17
    Quote Originally Posted by DeaconSig View Post
    Abbate, Arnoux, Curry, and Eric Berry are on line 1. They'd like a word with you.
    and they seem impatient to speak.

  18. #18
    D-line could be interesting. Toward the end of the season it seemed like Wake used more 3 man rush than usual and brought a safety into the box. If you can't go big, go fast.

  19. #19
    Quote Originally Posted by skinnydeac View Post
    D-line could be interesting. Toward the end of the season it seemed like Wake used more 3 man rush than usual and brought a safety into the box. If you can't go big, go fast.
    I'm excited about our D line. We may not be the biggest, but we have decent size, good strength and a lot of quickness.
    Stiil relatively young so I think we'll see significant improvement thru the season.

  20. #20
    Boogie has NFL potential with his speed / size combo. I am hoping he can improve his pass rush arsenal (similar to Duke who had a lethal spin move and could counter off of it). He'll be one person I'm looking forward to watch next fall.

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •