• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2019 Football — Position Battles

Lectro

Banhammer'd
Reaction score
The obvious starting point is QB. Hartman or Newman?

Mike LB?

FS?

SS?

Slot WR?

DT?

The obvious starting point is QB. Hartman or Newman?

Mike LB?

FS?

SS?

Slot WR?

DT?

The only guys I’d go ahead and pencil in as starters are Carney, Herron, Benzinger, Basham, Kamara, Strnad and Bassey. Every other position is going to be up for grabs. Should be fun

Donovan Greene will play all the WR positions.

The only guys I’d go ahead and pencil in as starters are Carney, Herron, Benzinger, Basham, Kamara, Strnad and Bassey. Every other position is going to be up for grabs. Should be fun

I would add a healthy Amari, Gilliam, and Greer.

Also, Sciba. He was kinda good.

Slot is Hinton IF he returns, backed by Grouxl, Roberson and the freshman from Va.

I would add a healthy Amari, Gilliam, and Greer.

Also, Sciba. He was kinda good.

He was better than "kinda good," especially considering he was a true freshman, kicking off a holding tee to wider goalposts last year.

I’m excited to see the LB quartet of a healthy (God willing) Jeff Burley and Chase Monroe added to D.J. Taylor and Ryan Smenda. WF has not ever had this potential size,speed and depth inside

I don’t think he will play slot, but he can play both WR positions.

Donny is a fluid athlete like we saw with J. Bates. One year of big time S&C and he will be set to takeoff imo

Carney may be the work horse but you need one or two more RBs to help carry the load and provide some change up/speed to help Carney out. Our offense requires "sub-starters" at RB. So there is competition for that significant time.

I’m excited to see the LB quartet of a healthy (God willing) Jeff Burley and Chase Monroe added to D.J. Taylor and Ryan Smenda. WF has not ever had this potential size,speed and depth inside

Abbate, Arnoux, Curry, and Eric Berry are on line 1. They'd like a word with you.

D-line could be interesting. Toward the end of the season it seemed like Wake used more 3 man rush than usual and brought a safety into the box. If you can't go big, go fast.

D-line could be interesting. Toward the end of the season it seemed like Wake used more 3 man rush than usual and brought a safety into the box. If you can't go big, go fast.

I'm excited about our D line. We may not be the biggest, but we have decent size, good strength and a lot of quickness.
Stiil relatively young so I think we'll see significant improvement thru the season.

Boogie has NFL potential with his speed / size combo. I am hoping he can improve his pass rush arsenal (similar to Duke who had a lethal spin move and could counter off of it). He'll be one person I'm looking forward to watch next fall.

Back