• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2019 Football — Position Battles

I like Newman to start the next 2 years with Hartman getting a red shirt year. I think we will all be really happy to see a r-junior and r-senior Hartman take the starting role after several years in the system and plenty of back up experience. It just makes too much sense for the sustained longevity of the program.

The run at 1:28 and subsequent emotion is near the top of the list why I want Newman as our QB.

My guess is that when the UNC, State, then Duke games roll around in 2019 we will be favored in each of the three games. When, if ever, might that have happened before?

An 8-4 season looks to be a very reasonable expectation: 6-6 floor, 10-2 ceiling.

Agreed, this looks to be the new normal for Clawson.

My guess is that when the UNC, State, then Duke games roll around in 2019 we will be favored in each of the three games. When, if ever, might that have happened before?

An 8-4 season looks to be a very reasonable expectation: 6-6 floor, 10-2 ceiling.

We would need to sweep our non-conference schedule and win all of our home games to get to 8-4 because we'll be an underdog in all of our road games. I think we go 7-5.

Non-Con: Villanova, Utah State, Elon, UNC, Rice (Away)

Conference Away: BC, Clemson, Syracuse, Va Tech
Conference Home: Duke, Florida State, Louisville, NC State

We would need to sweep our non-conference schedule and win all of our home games to get to 8-4 because we'll be an underdog in all of our road games. I think we go 7-5.

You have one extra game there - maybe nova?

definitely Newman's spot to lose, but that doesn't mean Hartman can't win it

7-5 would be a slight disappointment to me, but that certainly makes sense (other than the Villanova part - are they a different year?).

Yeah, although in passing downs, having Allen on the end and Boogie slide inside might help on our pass rush.

This. Clawson/Cohen will find plenty of ways to get Allen and boogie on the field together.

13 regular season games ??

I like Newman to start the next 2 years with Hartman getting a red shirt year. I think we will all be really happy to see a r-junior and r-senior Hartman take the starting role after several years in the system and plenty of back up experience. It just makes too much sense for the sustained longevity of the program.

The run at 1:28 and subsequent emotion is near the top of the list why I want Newman as our QB.

Agreed, this looks to be the new normal for Clawson.

definitely Newman's spot to lose, but that doesn't mean Hartman can't win it

Good posts.

This. Clawson/Cohen will find plenty of ways to get Allen and boogie on the field together.

Yeah, agree with this. Nickel defense probably won't have a safety like Cam Glenn to be on the line, but they'll find other creative ways to get a pass rush. Unless they've got two DTs step up as pass-rushers, could certainly slide Boogie inside and put Allen on the edge. A lot of you, myself too, might have PTSD from hearing the term "versatility," but it should apply to the D-line with Clawson pointing out that the field end position and DT spots are really similar.

I'll go with. 8-4 and a trip to El Paso to take on either USC or UCLA.

Back