• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2019 Football — Position Battles

Interesting that Kendall Hinton Twitter account no longer has himself as a Quarterback but still affiliated with Wake. I guess we will know more next week when school starts back up. I hope he comes back.

Interesting that Kendall Hinton Twitter account no longer has himself as a Quarterback but still affiliated with Wake. I guess we will know more next week when school starts back up. I hope he comes back.

Maybe Clawson and company have convinced Hinton to be the all purpose player he is suited to be. KR, PR, WR, RB, wildcat QB and maybe emergency QB.

Guy who can return punts and kicks more likely to stick as last WR on an NFL team then a guy who doesn't do those things.

Maybe Clawson and company have convinced Hinton to be the all purpose player he is suited to be. KR, PR, WR, RB, wildcat QB and maybe emergency QB.

Guy who can return punts and kicks more likely to stick as last WR on an NFL team then a guy who doesn't do those things.

Is there anyone in college football who you don't think has a future in the NFL ?

Is there anyone in college football who you don't think has a future in the NFL ?

I don't know that he has a future in the NFL. Just saying that he has a better shot as a returner than as QB. NFL will have a returner/6th receiver guy at 5-8. Not a QB.

He is also more useful to Wake in some combination of those roles. He is an elusive, dynamic playmaker.

Yeah, agree with this. Nickel defense probably won't have a safety like Cam Glenn to be on the line, but they'll find other creative ways to get a pass rush. Unless they've got two DTs step up as pass-rushers, could certainly slide Boogie inside and put Allen on the edge. A lot of you, myself too, might have PTSD from hearing the term "versatility," but it should apply to the D-line with Clawson pointing out that the field end position and DT spots are really similar.

Conor, have you heard any rumblings of attrition now that students are beginning to file back in?

Conor, have you heard any rumblings of attrition now that students are beginning to file back in?

I have not, but I'll ask if anybody is in the "transfer portal" tomorrow.

Think the Kendall situation is the most important one to monitor in the next month and a half before spring practice starts (Feb. 28). He looked fantastic in the slot in the bowl.

FTR, I did ask if they're getting an additional early enrollee because of Dortch's departure. They're not expecting one, as of late last week. Figured they might because Jessie leaving last year opened the door for Sciba to come early, but that seems like it was a rare case of Sciba kinda being "on deck" if anybody left.

"You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to CONeill again."

Thanks Joe Bronamath.

Any chance of a reunion with Tabari?

I wouldn't hold my breath, but I suppose based on need and availability, anything's possible.

Based on Tabari's recent Twitter follows, he's recruiting himself to South Carolina, Texas, Utah State, Toledo, Georgia Tech, TCU, Nebraska and nice-looking gal in a red bikini named Hannah G Thompson.

and nice-looking gal in a red bikini named Hannah G Thompson.

1r86bo.jpg

I wouldn't hold my breath, but I suppose based on need and availability, anything's possible.

Based on Tabari's recent Twitter follows, he's recruiting himself to South Carolina, Texas, Utah State, Toledo, Georgia Tech, TCU, Nebraska and nice-looking gal in a red bikini named Hannah G Thompson.

I hope he can get into one of those....

Utah State :werd:

makes you wonder!!

Hah, good point on Utah State, had slipped my mind that they open in W-S this year. Would be a strange story line for the opener.

To clarify, no departures other than the two we know of, Dortch and Anthony Manning.

Hah, good point on Utah State, had slipped my mind that they open in W-S this year. Would be a strange story line for the opener.

To clarify, no departures other than the two we know of, Dortch and Anthony Manning.

So Hinton is officially back? NEAT.

So Hinton is officially back? NEAT.

Sorry, should've clarified. Believe he's still in limbo. He's apparently on schedule to graduate in the spring -- or at least, he isn't one of the ones who graduated in Dec.

for serious though, it seems fair to be optimistic around hintons return next year at this point, right?

Back