• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2019 Football — Position Battles

for serious though, it seems fair to be optimistic around hintons return next year at this point, right?

I would say that if classes have started at Wake and we haven't heard he is transferring, that's probably a good sign.

I would say that if classes have started at Wake and we haven't heard he is transferring, that's probably a good sign.

Looks to be a talented and competitive trio of Hinton, J Roberson (this guy is gonna be real good), and Nolan Groulx —- Taylor Morin will also get a quick look

Well if he’s going the grad transfer route he has to graduate first so I don’t know how instructive this is. If he’s participating in spring practice I’d feel pretty decent.

Well if he’s going the grad transfer route he has to graduate first so I don’t know how instructive this is. If he’s participating in spring practice I’d feel pretty decent.

This is where I'm at. What Clawson said the week of Senior Day about both parties needing to want this to happen is still true. Obviously Kendall has to graduate to be a grad transfer. If everything lines up, he'll be back. If not, I'm pretty confident saying there won't be horribly hurt feelings on either side.

Greg's early departure and how good Kendall looked in Birmingham, which was the first time he was healthy since September, just puts more of a spotlight on the situation, I think.

I would love for Kendall to come back and have a great final year.
Think there are so many ways he could contribute.

The consistent feeling out there is Hinton has yet to demonstrate his best football skills. I hope he returns so he can fulfill his college career.

The consistent feeling out there is Hinton has yet to demonstrate his best football skills. I hope he returns so he can fulfill his college career.

Agreed. Kid made a mistake and has paid for it. I just hope an wish he comes back obviously for selfish reasons. Dude is a damn good athlete.

Agreed. Kid made a mistake and has paid for it. I just hope an wish he comes back obviously for selfish reasons. Dude is a damn good athlete.

Hinton could be the best FOOTBALL PLAYER on the team. But he no longer is the best RPO QB. He could be a big asset as PR, KR, WR, RB, or wildcat QB. If he wants to come back to Wake, he could have a really productive year. If he comes back, i would like to see some jet sweep/orbit plays for him. Also the throw back out of the orbit motion.

Look out for Rondell Bothroyd. “Rondy” is a prospect who,like so many in the recent Clawson era,has really come on from late in his JR season of hs. He has grown from 6’2 and 225 TE/DE into a 6’4 to 6’5 and 280 pound DT who easily projects as a 295-305 interior guy.He is quick and lean body fat type of big man who is quick and getting stronger. Like Will Smart and Shamar McCollum he is on the All-Motor team. Real excited to see how he pushes and gets into the mix in 2019.

Does anyone know what he did to get suspended? Only having one healthy QB available for the start of the season sucked.

Does anyone know what he did to get suspended? Only having one healthy QB available for the start of the season sucked.

If I remember what was said out here at the time it was that he and Thomas Cole were out farting around, having a few brews while driving around campus.

I think Hinton returns and assumes the role that Dortch played. Clawson frequently stated that Dortch and Hinton were the two most explosive offensive players on the team. Hinton could also be in the mix at RB with the loss of Colburn. Hinton has the advantage of knowing all the assignments of all offensive skill players. That is huge. He just needs reps. With the exception of the behavior that led to his suspension, he has always been described as a great teammate with a team first attitude. That counts with Clawson. Hinton's decision is between being a featured player in a good offense or competing for a position elsewhere. If he stays at Wake and stays healthy he could have an enormous senior year and maximize his prospects for a professional career. Clawson is a fair, practical appreciative man that would value Hinton's return but will expect Hinton to earn the opportunity offered.

If I remember what was said out here at the time it was that he and Thomas Cole were out farting around, having a few brews while driving around campus.

If that was the entirety of it, seems like a harsh suspension.

Back