• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Wake Forest Tennis 2019 - Men ACC Reg Season & Tourn Champs, NCAA & Indoor Runner Up

Are you really sure Borneo is in school? Don't understand how he can play all these tournaments and still be taking classes.

Yes, I've seen him at several matches. He has only played two challengers since November - last week in Cleveland and this week in Dallas. However, he has done well in both so he has been away awhile for both tournaments.

New rankings came out Tuesday. The men remain #1. In singles Petros is #1, Bar #21, Melios #49, and Cungu #88. In doubles Gadjiev/Zlob are #54 and Petros/Zlob? are #60.

For the women Davis is #51, Ulyaschenko is #95, and Carter is #122.

Rafi, you think there is any chance Borna plays today? I'm guessing no. We will need dubs point today which I think we should be favored to get. Singles will be tricky.

1. Petros-Soderlund - I like WFU
2. Bar-Nakashima - I like UVA
3. Melios-Henrik - I like UVA but we could win here
4. Cungu-Ross - I like UVA here
5. Solomon-Goetz - I like UVA here but again a winnable court
6. Zlob-Lizen - real toss up for me here

Rafi, you think there is any chance Borna plays today? I'm guessing no. We will need dubs point today which I think we should be favored to get. Singles will be tricky.

So, based on that analysis, WF in over-ranked and UVA is under-ranked?

Seems unlikely he will play. Maybe Sunday?

Nakashima looks like a good freshman, but Bar can be really tricky for some people to play against because he has such a different style. I could see Bresky mixing up the line-up - he does that often, especially 3-6 singles. Gadjiev played really well at the end of the doubles point against OSU the other day.

So, based on that analysis, WF in over-ranked and UVA is under-ranked?

Wake at #1 without Gojo might be a little over ranked, but with Gojo #1 seems right. #1 on the road at #12 will usually be a tight match.

Blogger So Dear just tweeted out that his sources say Gojo is cleared to play this weekend, but I'll still be surprised if he plays today, but sounds like Baylor for sure. To answer the question about being over-ranked, I don't think we are #1 in the country without Gojo. I think we are really good, but not #1. I am not writing us off winning today at all, I just think it will be an uphill battle, especially if we don't win dubs. Will be fun to watch. I'm probably most interested in seeing how Melios does against Henrik or Ross.

Initial lineups are in:

1.borna/Alan
2. Tros/bar
3.melios/sid

1. Borna-Carl
2.tros-henrik
3. Bar-naka
4. Melios-Ross
5. Cungu-goetz
6. Zlob-lizen

It can still change but I like it so far.

I don't think he's injured. Sometimes he doesn't play as well indoors (one of his only losses last year was at 2, indoors, to Vandy).

Thanks. He just looked uncomfortable on some served and I didn’t know if he still had a nagging injury of some sort.

Wow Zlobinsky really kicked this dudes ass
cf742ab5ed49fff64c4a363b7fc16d2f.jpg

Back