• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Wake Forest Tennis 2019 - Men ACC Reg Season & Tourn Champs, NCAA & Indoor Runner Up

+ Zlobinsky down a break.

We’re in trouble when both Petros and Gojo are gone next year imo. Bresky’s gonna have to pull some magic

+ Zlobinsky down a break.

We’re in trouble when both Petros and Gojo are gone next year imo. Bresky’s gonna have to pull some magic

Petros is an all time great. Bresky will bring in some really strong players and keep us rolling, though.

Deacs lose 2-5 and we even won doubles. UVA played really well. Deacs will be fine, but I’m not sure we can win indoors. Didn’t have our best today.

Just got home from match. Petros was awesome. What a warrior. Gojo was too but Sundermann played out of his mind from mid second set on. He hit some incredible shots. Gojo played well but he looked tired at the end. The big takeaway from the entire match for me was the number of unforced errors - particularly at the net. We made multiple errors on shots that could have turned the tide. Zoblinsky had an open net in the 3rd set on an easy looking shot right at the net and an open court and he hit it into the net. That shot cost him a game and, ultimately, seemed to turn the tide.

The doubles was great. The comeback by Melios and the kid from India was very impressive. These kids from Cyprus have a no quit attitude. UVA is good no doubt. The crowd was large and vocal. The very few of us Deacs tried to encourage and did. We'll be OK. We looked a little tired and UVA played as well as one could play so they deserve credit. Hope for a bounceback vs Baylor.

Just got home from match. Petros was awesome. What a warrior. Gojo was too but Sundermann played out of his mind from mid second set on. He hit some incredible shots. Gojo played well but he looked tired at the end. The big takeaway from the entire match for me was the number of unforced errors - particularly at the net. We made multiple errors on shots that could have turned the tide. Zoblinsky had an open net in the 3rd set on an easy looking shot right at the net and an open court and he hit it into the net. That shot cost him a game and, ultimately, seemed to turn the tide.

The doubles was great. The comeback by Melios and the kid from India was very impressive. These kids from Cyprus have a no quit attitude. UVA is good no doubt. The crowd was large and vocal. The very few of us Deacs tried to encourage and did. We'll be OK. We looked a little tired and UVA played as well as one could play so they deserve credit. Hope for a bounceback vs Baylor.

That’s cool you were there. Correct me if I’m wrong, but I think we were up a set and a break at 1 and 6 singles but lost both.

We’ll probably spend the year trying to figure out 5 and 6 singles again. Rezi laid an egg today. Maybe Solomon or Banthia can man one of those slots.

that's correct. We were up a set at 1 and 6. Gojo ran out of gas and Zoblinsky made too many unforced errors. Both are correctable. Botzer was broken in both sets early and spent all nite trying to catch up. Cungu never showed up. All in all, just a sub par performance.

Rafi, you think there is any chance Borna plays today? I'm guessing no. We will need dubs point today which I think we should be favored to get. Singles will be tricky.

1. Petros-Soderlund - I like WFU
2. Bar-Nakashima - I like UVA
3. Melios-Henrik - I like UVA but we could win here
4. Cungu-Ross - I like UVA here
5. Solomon-Goetz - I like UVA here but again a winnable court
6. Zlob-Lizen - real toss up for me here

Very impressive analysis. Wonder if Petros would have beat Soderlund (especially after he got hot).

I just read that the match against Baylor tomorrow has been cancelled because Baylor has illness/injury issues. We'll play TN Tech twice tomorrow - at 1 and 4 PM.

It's too bad we won't play Baylor tomorrow. It would have been good to have a chance to bounce back against a really strong team. In addition, their first-year coach is Brian Boland, who built the dynasty at UVA.

The Wake women are playing now and earlier today beat William and Mary 6-1.

Shocking I know, but televised match between Duke and Tennessee from Orlando delayed by rain

Deacs didn’t play Gojo, Petros, or Melios in singles. They won 6-1, with Gadjiev losing at 6.

The men won the second match against Tenn Tech 7-0, again without Gojo, Petros, and Melios. It was good to get others some match experience.

The men next play this upcoming weekend in Chicago in the ITA National Indoor Championships. The women play at home this upcoming weekend against Winthrop and Clemson.

Rafi, do you know if Nava is hurt? i've been surprised not to see him play at all thus far. He was a guy that was winning matches 2 years ago at 5 for TCU pre-injury and did ok in spots for us last year.

Rafi, do you know if Nava is hurt? i've been surprised not to see him play at all thus far. He was a guy that was winning matches 2 years ago at 5 for TCU pre-injury and did ok in spots for us last year.

I think he is either hurt, taking a red shirt year, or both. He's at the matches but is not dressed out and doesn't warm up. I wonder if it may just be a red shirt year, because I think I've seen him practicing.

Just saw on twitter that we got the 3 seed at NTI and play Columbia first and then the winner of UCLA-Notre Dame, and then potentially #2 Miss St/UNC/Baylor in semis.

Just saw on twitter that we got the 3 seed at NTI and play Columbia first and then the winner of UCLA-Notre Dame, and then potentially #2 Miss St/UNC/Baylor in semis.

Interesting. Did you see that we listed Botzer at 5 singles? That may not stand after other coaches get a chance to challenge.

Back