• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Wake Forest Tennis 2019 - Men ACC Reg Season & Tourn Champs, NCAA & Indoor Runner Up

Perhaps the most accomplished Wake athlete of all time. Off the top of my head, he has 3 singles national championships, a doubles national championship, an indoor team national championship, and an outdoor team national championship (plus several ACC championships). He only has a few more months left at Wake - I highly suggest you watch him in person if you haven’t already (and even if you have).

Watched him take down his opponent in the team NCAA championship last year. He’s unbelievable and feeds off of the crowd big time. Amazing athlete

Watched him take down his opponent in the team NCAA championship last year. He’s unbelievable and feeds off of the crowd big time. Amazing athlete

The guy Petros blitzed in that match, JJ Wolf, now plays 1 for Ohio State and has been the best collegiate player over the past 6 months. He’ll be a real tough test for Gojo.

The guy Petros blitzed in that match, JJ Wolf, now plays 1 for Ohio State and has been the best collegiate player over the past 6 months. He’ll be a real tough test for Gojo.

Yeah that kid was really good. Some guy sitting in front of me screamed lets go JJ!!! As loud as he could the entire match.

Petros is an unbelievably athletic player. I watched him at UVA systematically take his opponent (UVA's best player) and wear him down, even after trailing 1-3 in the first set. He's surgical and finds a hole and goes there putting his opponent on the defensive then wearing him down until he makes a mistake or Petros hits the winner.

We have some incredibly clutch players - Petros, Gojo, and Bar in particular, but Melios and Cungu have come up big at times.

Cungu does not strike me as particularly clutch. He's had a few big wins (UNC in the ACC's comes to mind), but that seems to be more a matter of inconsistency than "clutch".

Cungu does not strike me as particularly clutch. He's had a few big wins (UNC in the ACC's comes to mind), but that seems to be more a matter of inconsistency than "clutch".

He was the decider against Vandy to make the ITA indoor last year (in a third set tiebreaker), and then two nights ago against Columbia he won a second set tiebreaker and then a third set to win it. He does also sometimes lay an egg where he gets beat badly, so I get what you're saying.

Gojo getting waxed in first set, as is Solomon. We are up a break in 2 matches and on serve in the other 2.

ITA live score for Petros has been stuck on 3-3 in the first for a long time. Update for those of us at work?

Looks like Botzer pulled out a point at least.

Guys are fighting still. Everything on serve after being down a break everywhere. Need to win 5 sets.

Deacs trying to scrape back into this - now back on serve in 2nd sets for Petros and Melios and third set for Banthia.

Ohio State wins 4-2. Petros had just won a tiebreak to send his match to a third set (which I have no doubt he would have won). Banthia came back from 1-3 in the third to win 6-3, which was very impressive. Melios lost his second set 5-7 to give the Buckeyes the championship. Impressive run for them, but the Deacs also had a really good tournament. Wake will continue to get better and will benefit from playing the NCAAs outdoors. If Melios and Banthia continue to improve, we'll be in very good shape.

Back