• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Wake Forest Tennis 2019 - Men ACC Reg Season & Tourn Champs, NCAA & Indoor Runner Up

Gotta think OSU will still be the favorites outdoors but the doubles point margin was razor thin and we can get more from Gojo on a different day.

Last edited:
We were one point and serving from very likely winning the match against the best indoor team in the country. We really had to fight for every match this tourney but it should give the guys plenty of confidence moving forward.

If the doubles addition happens it would be a big boost to our chances as well.

OSU much better indoors than out. We had doubles won and with Petros match unfinished my money would have been on him to finish. Gojo & Melios with aches adn pains. Not an excuse just the reality. We'll take them when it really counts.

OSU much better indoors than out. We had doubles won and with Petros match unfinished my money would have been on him to finish. Gojo & Melios with aches adn pains. Not an excuse just the reality. We'll take them when it really counts.

Agreed. It’s tough to lose, but that was an encouraging loss. We can play better outdoors, win doubles, get a win from Melios, get a much better match from Goj, etc. Great to see Banthia win. Petros definitely would have won that third set.

Is Gojo 1-3 now? Surprised to see him struggle given how impressive he was in the off-season tournaments

Is Gojo 1-3 now? Surprised to see him struggle given how impressive he was in the off-season tournaments

Yeah.

To be fair, his losses were all to elite players. Wolf is the best so far this year, Cressy also beat him pretty handily in the Cleveland challenger, and the guy from UVA got him in 3 sets at home. The margin of defeat today was the biggest surprise to me.

Yeah.

To be fair, his losses were all to elite players. Wolf is the best so far this year, Cressy also beat him pretty handily in the Cleveland challenger, and the guy from UVA got him in 3 sets at home. The margin of defeat today was the biggest surprise to me.

JJ Wolf, who Goj lost to from OSU, has been playing incredibly well on the pro tour. He is ranked 286 in the world, and on his way to winning the Columbus Challenger last month he beat the #244 player 6-0, 6-0.

A few upcoming home matches - the men play VT Thursday 2/28 at 3:30 and the women play BC Friday at 4 and UVA Sunday at noon.

Deacs win 4-1 over VT. Playing out the other matches.

The good day for the Deacs continues (Wellman out/Currie in, baseball wins). The women, who beat BC on Friday, continued their winning ways with a 5-2 win over #14 UVA.

The men went to Duke and destroyed the Blue Devils 7-0. All singles were in straight sets except Zlobinsky at 5, who won in 3. It was played indoors - my guess is that if they played outdoors we would have seen Cungu at 5. The lopsided score reminded me of a football game in Durham this past fall...

New rankings out today: Men are 2 and women are 19 (up from 33). Petros is 2, Bar 21, Melios 60, and Gojo 89 (was unranked). Bar and Petros doubles at 35 (were unranked). For the women, Davis is 46 and Davis/Carter doubles 38.

Bummed no TV for today's noon match against UCF at the site of this year's NCAA tournament site at the national tennis center in Orlando.

Back