• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Wake Forest Tennis 2019 - Men ACC Reg Season & Tourn Champs, NCAA & Indoor Runner Up

Jesus seriously? This would be an enormous upset. It’s so, so hard being a fan of Wake Forest sports.

This post, and the one before it, are cracking me up. What part of being a fan of the Wake men’s tennis team has been so hard on you? Was it the undefeated ACC season? Or maybe winning everything imaginable over the past year?

I was at the Wake indoor this morning, and the men’s team has literally run out of room for trophies. They have the new ACC championship trophy on a random countertop because there is nowhere left to put it.

That was a close one vs ND. ND is good (they are ranked #23), they pride themselves on doubles, and they are particularly good indoors. Sid was up 5-2 in the third and let ND push him to a tiebreak. The tiebreak was really close, but he pulled it off.

It sounds like there were some issues with the Cary indoor setup. It’s new, and it doesn’t have walls (just heavy curtains), so it sounds like moisture was an issue on a few of the courts.

Dude I’m a huge supporter of men’s tennis. Went to virtually every home match when I was in school. My parents and I have gone to the ACC tournament matches and other events like the ATP events. My post was more of the “this is the lone bright spot in WF sports and even that’s not going right”. I’ve been absolutely thrilled with the team’s performance over the last several years and hope/expect for that to continue. That said, this should not have been a close match indoors or otherwise.

Dude I’m a huge supporter of men’s tennis. Went to virtually every home match when I was in school. My parents and I have gone to the ACC tournament matches and other events like the ATP events. My post was more of the “this is the lone bright spot in WF sports and even that’s not going right”. I’ve been absolutely thrilled with the team’s performance over the last several years and hope/expect for that to continue. That said, this should not have been a close match indoors or otherwise.

Sorry WRS, I wasn’t trying to specifically call you. You sound like an awesome supporter of the team. Your post just cracked me up because you were lamenting how tough it is to be a Wake fan while commenting on the most dominant team in college tennis over the past year.

No worries, no offense taken at all. Love this team and Bresky and just had a pissy knee jerk reaction to checking in on the score (assuming that they would cruise today). Anyways survived a tough situation and looking forward to seeing what they do from here. Want to see Petros especially go out on top.

Cungu laying an egg today. Tight one all around.

Doesn't seem like we have really brought our A game to Cary so far.

good to see NC State making it interesting. excellent coverage on the espn watch website

Melios very fortunate to win so we should be ok for today

too much to ask two days in a row for Sid so we now lead 3-2 with both Bar and Borna in the 3rd set.

great tennis all the way around

Not feeling great after the last two matches. We could have won 5-2 today but it was far from convincing. Need that doubles point tomorrow.

UVA will be a tough test tomorrow. Hoping for another title. UNC looked to have a slightly better team on paper actually.

probably need to lose sometimes and better tomorrow than in the nationals but of course would be great to win both

UVA will be a tough test tomorrow. Hoping for another title. UNC looked to have a slightly better team on paper actually.

Soderland has beaten both Gojo and Petros this season. He was UVAs only win when we beat them 6-1. Bottom of the lineup needs to bring it tomorrow. Cungu needs to at least put up a fight. He has been decent outdoors but has laid an egg thus far this weekend.

Soderland has beaten both Gojo and Petros this season. He was UVAs only win when we beat them 6-1. Bottom of the lineup needs to bring it tomorrow. Cungu needs to at least put up a fight. He has been decent outdoors but has laid an egg thus far this weekend.

Yeah I’m expecting an L against Soderland. Seems like it makes sense to keep Petros at #2 and pick up an automatic W there. Would be awfully nice to pick up the doubles point and put a little less stress on the singles matches.

Would be good if the guys who have done the "survive and advance" thing for the first two matches would get it together and play an "A" game tomorrow.

Yeah I’m expecting an L against Soderland. Seems like it makes sense to keep Petros at #2 and pick up an automatic W there. Would be awfully nice to pick up the doubles point and put a little less stress on the singles matches.

Don’t think we can switch the lineup in tourney play. Basically if we were to bench Cungu everyone else moves up and we have a new 6.

Zoblinsky should have won his match in Charlottesville earlier in February. Cungu was destroyed 6-0 6-1. Giving way a point with no fight is hard to take. We need Cungu to step up. Hard fought match today with much controversy in final doubles match. ACC official made us replay a point we won twice because, they said, Bresky called out State touching net during play. Match should have ended when he touched net then State hit ball out giving us match point. No reaction from State during play but complained after match over and call reversed allowing State to replay point and win it to keep match going. Then, Botzer calls shot out on sideline at deuce and State goes ballistic but call held by chair umpire. We win next point and win doubles point. Bizzare play there but, essentially, State kept match going on cheap ploy so , for them to lose on out call is fitting in my book.

Soderlund is good, but he can be beaten. Nakashima is no slouch at 2 though. I think we’ll almost certainly go with our standard lineup.

Ughhh dropped the doubles point.

Back