• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Wake Forest Tennis 2019 - Men ACC Reg Season & Tourn Champs, NCAA & Indoor Runner Up

Gojo lost 4-6, 4-6 to Giron (former UCLA player and NCAA singles champ). Gojo was broken once each set.

Petros lost 5-7, 6-4, 1-6 against American Bjorn Fratangelo. Petros had his chances. He served in the first set to go to a tiebreaker, was up 40-15, and ended up losing that game (and set). Petros looked good, but he has even more room for his game to grow, which is great for him.

I could see one or both of them getting lucky loser spots in the main draw.

Gojo lost 4-6, 4-6 to Giron (former UCLA player and NCAA singles champ). Gojo was broken once each set.

Petros lost 5-7, 6-4, 1-6 against American Bjorn Fratangelo. Petros had his chances. He served in the first set to go to a tiebreaker, was up 40-15, and ended up losing that game (and set). Petros looked good, but he has even more room for his game to grow, which is great for him.

I could see one or both of them getting lucky loser spots in the main draw.
The Winston journal article said that Borna has not decided yet whether he will return for his senior year. That’s nice considering everyone assumed he was gone .

The Winston journal article said that Borna has not decided yet whether he will return for his senior year. That’s nice considering everyone assumed he was gone .

Yep, he made a comment yesterday that losing the national championship match left a really bad taste in his mouth that is still there. He said something about trying to avenge that loss. I still think it’s more likely that he goes pro, but it isn’t a foregone conclusion.

Sounds like Borna has decided to go pro.

Saw Rubin and Kwiatkowski lose their third set in the first round. They battled back down a break late but couldn’t finish.

He’s not my favorite Deac.

Saw Rubin and Kwiatkowski lose their third set in the first round. They battled back down a break late but couldn’t finish.

He’s not my favorite Deac.

Who else did you watch? It's been a great Open, so far. Coco continuing the great start to her career, Serena advancing deep, the Osaka-Gauff post match, Fed picking up steam as the tourney goes on, Koepfer having a great run, Krygios with the entertainment, Monfils with great play, so many young American women playing well, and, of course, Medvedev turning into a Russian heel!

I wonder why the men's team website has not been updated. The roster is last year's

I wonder why the men's team website has not been updated. The roster is last year's

I noticed that the wake tennis website has been updated with the 2019-20 roster . It includes Borna Gojo. Anyone know if he is coming back or just undecided?

I noticed that the wake tennis website has been updated with the 2019-20 roster . It includes Borna Gojo. Anyone know if he is coming back or just undecided?

It was announced on a Twitter site that he was not coming back. I think there is less than a 10% chance he returns, but I thought he wouldn't be back last year...

It was announced on a Twitter site that he was not coming back. I think there is less than a 10% chance he returns, but I thought he wouldn't be back last year...

Botzer and Cungu with great showing in the ITA Carolina regionals both advancing out of 128 players to the finals to face each other tommorrow. Impressive

Botzer and Cungu with great showing in the ITA Carolina regionals both advancing out of 128 players to the finals to face each other tommorrow. Impressive

Very impressive. I expected Botz to get there, or to the semi's at the very least, but surprised and impressed with Rrezi's performance. Anyone know the score today?

Very impressive. I expected Botz to get there, or to the semi's at the very least, but surprised and impressed with Rrezi's performance. Anyone know the score today?

Agreed, super impressive from both of them. Bar won 6-4, 7-6(5).

Rafi, you know of any January additions? We are going to need a couple of studs to stay even remotely close to our level of the last 3 years. I know we have Taha Baadi coming which will be a big help. Not sure if Henri Squire is still coming, but not sure I see him at the top of the lineup anyway. Hoping for at least one more top of the lineup guy.

Did Gadjiev graduate?

Is Baadi going pro or coming in January?

Rafi, you know of any January additions? We are going to need a couple of studs to stay even remotely close to our level of the last 3 years. I know we have Taha Baadi coming which will be a big help. Not sure if Henri Squire is still coming, but not sure I see him at the top of the lineup anyway. Hoping for at least one more top of the lineup guy.

I only know of those two (Baadi and Squire). I watched Baadi play and was impressed, and I was told Squire is better, but I'm not sure about that. I think Bar, Melios, Rrezi, and Sid will be really solid players, and I think Nava has a chance to be solid as well. I'm always impressed by Nava's game (big forehand), but he doesn't always put it all together.

I only know of those two (Baadi and Squire). I watched Baadi play and was impressed, and I was told Squire is better, but I'm not sure about that. I think Bar, Melios, Rrezi, and Sid will be really solid players, and I think Nava has a chance to be solid as well. I'm always impressed by Nava's game (big forehand), but he doesn't always put it all together.

I've seen nothing in his junior and pro results that would suggest that Squire is better than Baadi, but you never know. Playing in a team format changes things for some players. I keep waiting for Nava to step up as well. His freshman year results at TCU suggest that he should win more than he does. I'm still hopeful that we could add one more. As it is, we will probably not be a top 10 team and will certainly be behind UNC and UVA in conference.

looking at the ATP web site, Noah Rubin has not played an ATP event in almost 2 months-does anyone know why, is he hurt?

looking at the ATP web site, Noah Rubin has not played an ATP event in almost 2 months-does anyone know why, is he hurt?
I don’t know but it’s november and borna is still listed on the roster as a senior That would be pretty easy to fix if they were sure he wasn’t coming back.

Back