• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Wake Forest Tennis 2019 - Men ACC Reg Season & Tourn Champs, NCAA & Indoor Runner Up

Borna beat former Duke and Arkansas star, Michael Redlicki, last night in the Cleveland Challenger 6-3, 6-7, 6-4. Looked good, especially his serve. He has a tough one vs. top 200 former Tulane star, Dom Koeppfer, sometime tomorrow. Hopefully he is back in our lineup for our matches vs. UVA and Baylor on Feb 8 and 10.

Borna beat former Duke and Arkansas star, Michael Redlicki, last night in the Cleveland Challenger 6-3, 6-7, 6-4. Looked good, especially his serve. He has a tough one vs. top 200 former Tulane star, Dom Koeppfer, sometime tomorrow. Hopefully he is back in our lineup for our matches vs. UVA and Baylor on Feb 8 and 10.

Nice win for Borna.

I think he’ll be back in a few weeks.

Nice win for Borna.

I think he’ll be back in a few weeks.

Do our tennis players just get a pass from going to class at all?

The WF tennis schedule keeps the players travelling a lot as it is. Our tennis players can leave campus for a "few weeks" in the middle of the semester to play in a series of challengers and seamlessly keep up with their classes? Love the domination of our men's tennis program, but keep this in mind before WF fans attempt trot out how different WF is than competing schools with the academic/athletic balance. Understand that many/most of our tennis players come to WF to major in tennis, and I'm OK with that, but let's call it what it is.

Do our tennis players just get a pass from going to class at all?

The WF tennis schedule keeps the players travelling a lot as it is. Our tennis players can leave campus for a "few weeks" in the middle of the semester to play in a series of challengers and seamlessly keep up with their classes? Love the domination of our men's tennis program, but keep this in mind before WF fans attempt trot out how different WF is than competing schools with the academic/athletic balance. Understand that many/most of our tennis players come to WF to major in tennis, and I'm OK with that, but let's call it what it is.

Gojo is in school and taking classes, he’s just not competing with the team, yet. I should have been more clear when I wrote that he’ll be back in a few weeks - I meant competing in matches, not back to the school. He’s been back since the start of the semester.

The tennis team has had a bunch of really strong students, including Seraphim, Mansouri, and Petros.

Gojo just beat the 4 seed in the Cleveland challenger. He’s now into the round of 16.

Gojo destroys number 13 seed 1 and 3. Plays the dude that upset Smyczek in the quarters

Demp and Rob Kelly of UNC into semis of dubs in Cleveland. Demp in main draw of Dallas dubs next week too ....

Demp and Rob Kelly of UNC into semis of dubs in Cleveland. Demp in main draw of Dallas dubs next week too ....

Dempster playing good dubs, as always. It looks like he might be trying to carve out a niche as a career doubles player.

The #1 Wake men took down #20 Ok State today in convincing fashion, 6-1. Doubles was close, with Wake winning easily at 1 and a close one at 2, but we then won in straight sets at 1-4 singles. We won 6 singles in 3 sets and lost 5 singles in 3 sets.

Next up is at #12 UVA on Friday.

The #1 Wake men took down #20 Ok State today in convincing fashion, 6-1. Doubles was close, with Wake winning easily at 1 and a close one at 2, but we then won in straight sets at 1-4 singles. We won 6 singles in 3 sets and lost 5 singles in 3 sets.

Next up is at #12 UVA on Friday.

Borneo in the mix against UVA?

Are you really sure Borneo is in school? Don't understand how he can play all these tournaments and still be taking classes.

Just saying, the way college works, you could potentially schedule all of your classes for Tuesday/Thursday and have a four day weekend. Or at some schools, M/W or even just W, depending on course load, major, and availability.

Back