• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Wake Forest Tennis 2019 - Men ACC Reg Season & Tourn Champs, NCAA & Indoor Runner Up

Bummer. At least Nick Krygios won. Will be fun to see his next meltdown against Nadal on Thursday.

Not a great match from Rubin. Clarke hadn't won a match since May 8th.

Bummer. At least Nick Krygios won. Will be fun to see his next meltdown against Nadal on Thursday.

Will he melt down though? He often steps up against the top players.

Murray and Serena playing mixed dubs is pretty cool.

Any thoughts on Robert Maciag transferring from Duke? Looks like he was a big-time recruit that didn't play much his freshman year at Duke. I think he could play immediately due to different transfer rules (unlike football or BBall). Will he make an impact this year?

Last edited:
Any thoughts on Robert Maciag transferring from Duke? Looks like he was a big-time recruit that didn't play much his freshman year at Duke. I think he could play immediately due to different transfer rules (unlike football or BBall). Will he make an impact this year?

Looks like a solid addition and should be able to play this year. In the last 5 years, Duke has signed great recruits (on paper) but their team is always weak. I'm not sure if that's because American blue chip recruits aren't as good as the international players, Duke's coach isn't good at developing talent, or both.

Anyone have a good guess as to which Deacon-related players will receive wild cards to the Winston Salem Open?

Anyone have a good guess as to which Deacon-related players will receive wild cards to the Winston Salem Open?

I’ll go with Petros and Borna in the main draw, and Bar and Rezi in qualifying.

saw Petros the other night in a World Team Tennis match on ESPN -- looks like it was the losing QF match for them

he was playing doubles and wasn't looking too sharp, but good to see him out there

looked it up and Rubin is on the same team -- will have to remember to look out for that more next year

Petros plays his first pro singles match post-graduation today at 2:30 vs. former Florida Gator, Alfredo Perez. He has played Davis Cup and WTT this summer, but no ITF or ATP matches to my knowledge. Borna continues to roll and has his ranking up into the 270s. He is close to getting into qualies for the grand slams. He plays Marcos Giron tomorrow in 3rd round in Aptos.

The WS Open announced today that Petros and Borna will receive wild cards into qualifying. They also announced that Denis Shapovalov will be playing, which is a big get for the tournament.

Petros plays his first pro singles match post-graduation today at 2:30 vs. former Florida Gator, Alfredo Perez. He has played Davis Cup and WTT this summer, but no ITF or ATP matches to my knowledge. Borna continues to roll and has his ranking up into the 270s. He is close to getting into qualies for the grand slams. He plays Marcos Giron tomorrow in 3rd round in Aptos.

Is BORNO not returning to Wake?

Good to see Petros win 6-3 3-6 6-3

Petros vs. Nicolas Alboran (good college player from UCSB) at 11 today. Borna vs. former UCLA star, Marcos Giron, at 2ish.

Petros vs. Nicolas Alboran (good college player from UCSB) at 11 today. Borna vs. former UCLA star, Marcos Giron, at 2ish.

I know it has been assumed that Borna is not returning but is that absolutely definite or just assumed ?

I know it has been assumed that Borna is not returning but is that absolutely definite or just assumed ?

Assumed but not certain. The initial WS Open announcement yesterday said that "former Wake players Gojo and Chrysochos" were given wildcards, but I noticed that was quickly edited to remove the "former" part.

Back