• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Wake Forest Tennis 2019 - Men ACC Reg Season & Tourn Champs, NCAA & Indoor Runner Up

looking at the ATP web site, Noah Rubin has not played an ATP event in almost 2 months-does anyone know why, is he hurt?

It's a pretty quite time of ever for pro tennis, except at the very top (year end finals). I would guess Noah is back home (or in FL) and training for next year.

I don’t know but it’s november and borna is still listed on the roster as a senior That would be pretty easy to fix if they were sure he wasn’t coming back.

I'm pretty sure he's not coming back. Bresky likes to keep people guessing - he kept Dempster listed in the top 8 all of last year, even though he had graduated the year before.

two weeks before the spring season starts, and Gojo is still listed on the roster...

Situation will clarify when the roster for the first match is made public.

It probably won’t actually. Bresky listed Dempster for an entire season, even though he had no eligibility. In addition, in the early season matches last year it was always unclear whether or not Gojo was going to play.

It probably won’t actually. Bresky listed Dempster for an entire season, even though he had no eligibility. In addition, in the early season matches last year it was always unclear whether or not Gojo was going to play.

The list I was talking about was the lineup for the match. If he is on it and plays, there is the answer. If he is listed on the roster and doesn't play, we are still in wait and see mode.

The list I was talking about was the lineup for the match. If he is on it and plays, there is the answer. If he is listed on the roster and doesn't play, we are still in wait and see mode.

Well, yeah, if he plays he’s on the

Well, yeah, if he plays he’s on the

Well, yeah, if he plays he’s on the team. If he’s at the indoor he’s probably on the team. But he could be listed on the lineup card and not be on the team - Dempster was for a full season (including being listed on the NCAA tourney roster).

I’m pretty sure Borna isn’t on the team any more.

Rafi is right. Borna isn't playing college tennis anymore. Rafi, any idea who is joining this month besides Taha Baadi?

Well, yeah, if he plays he’s on the team. If he’s at the indoor he’s probably on the team. But he could be listed on the lineup card and not be on the team - Dempster was for a full season (including being listed on the NCAA tourney roster).

I’m pretty sure Borna isn’t on the team any more.

Bresky seemed to indicate there's a chance Gojo could be back. He said "we'll know in the next week or two" in an interview on Cracked Rackets yesterday.

Also explained the Dempster thing. Apparently, they had applied for a 6th yr with the NCAA and eventually got it, but Dempster didn't keep up with his work in the classroom(Master's program) and was not eligible by WF standards.

Bresky seemed to indicate there's a chance Gojo could be back. He said "we'll know in the next week or two" in an interview on Cracked Rackets yesterday.

Also explained the Dempster thing. Apparently, they had applied for a 6th yr with the NCAA and eventually got it, but Dempster didn't keep up with his work in the classroom(Master's program) and was not eligible by WF standards.

Interesting. Thanks for the updates. I'm not sure I totally believe it re Dempster - Bresky will use every advantage legally possible to win matches, including listing players that definitely will not play.

I'll change my estimate from 95% certain Borna won't play to 90% certain. That change is because of this report, the fact Borna came back for his junior year (which I did not expect), and because Parsa has been wrong a few times recently.

Rafi is right. Borna isn't playing college tennis anymore. Rafi, any idea who is joining this month besides Taha Baadi?

I don't know. I do note that Squire is listed on the roster and Baadi is not, which I find interesting.

Back