• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Wake Forest Tennis 2019 - Men ACC Reg Season & Tourn Champs, NCAA & Indoor Runner Up

Early summer results:

Incoming Fr Taha Baadi has won 2 matches at the French Open juniors and is in the 3rd round tomorrow
Incoming Fr Henri Squire won yesterday in a German futures qualifying match and plays again this AM
Rising Jr Yuval Solomon won 2 matches to qualify for the Mexico futures this week and plays in the main draw tomorrow

This is great - please keep up the updates!

Your last sentence is correct regarding scholarship numbers and partials. I'm not sure about your questions, but I think it is just that there is such a large pool of international players that it is easier to find players that are good and willing to cover some of their costs.

I would guess some national tennis federations from smaller countries are able to provide "scholarships" for their top players to go to the U.S. and be coached by Bresky and his peers.

I would guess some national tennis federations from smaller countries are able to provide "scholarships" for their top players to go to the U.S. and be coached by Bresky and his peers.

This is an interesting thought. Is there any evidence that this happens?

Early summer results:

Incoming Fr Taha Baadi has won 2 matches at the French Open juniors and is in the 3rd round tomorrow
Incoming Fr Henri Squire won yesterday in a German futures qualifying match and plays again this AM
Rising Jr Yuval Solomon won 2 matches to qualify for the Mexico futures this week and plays in the main draw tomorrow

Any updates on these guys?

I saw where the futures tournament scheduled to be played at Wake in a couple of weeks was cancelled, does anyone know why?

Any updates on these guys?

Baadi won this morning over #20 in world to put him in quarterfinals. He just started his next match vs. a good American, rising junior Toby Kodat.

Everyone else lost shortly after my last post. Former Deacs, Skander and Noah Rubin are both in challengers this week. Skan lost 1st round singles, but is still in dubs. Rubin won his 1st round singles yesterday and plays former Wahoo Thai-Son K today.

Today, Noah Rubin won his 1st round match in the Wimbledon Qualifying draw. He is two wins away from getting into the main draw. Rubin is currently ranked #183 in the world.

Rubin won his 2nd round qualifying match in 3 sets over Ecuador's Roberto Quiroz. Rubin plays German Yannick Hanfmann tomorrow to play in the Wimbledon main draw. Wimbledon is the one major that Rubin has yet to qualify for.

think he's taking some time off after 2 full out seasons. He'll be back and playing.

Yep. He went back to Cyprus to rest and visit family and friends, and then he’ll jump into pro tennis full time.

Rubin won in 4 sets. Will play in Wimbledon. First Deacon ever to qualify?

Rubin plays a 20-year-old British wildcard tomorrow

if he wins that one, he gets an old Swiss dude in round 2 - should be a walkover

Noah set to play Fed in the 2nd round but Fed lost first set in his first round match

Rubin has split the first two sets. Fed won second set and up a break in third.

Fed is cruising; Rubin's opponent is serving for the 3rd set to go up 2-1

ETA Rubin drops set #3

Last edited:
Rubin out in 4 sets, missing his chance to play the GOAT on Center Court (or Court 1) at Wimbledon

Back