• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

KP Report -- Georgia Tech Yellow Jackets - 2 pm Saturday - ACC Opener

The things Duke will do to us will make Deliverance look like a Disney matinee.

I think it's time for Pilch to self-permaban. These threads are cursed.

As much as I was glad to see Crawford move on with his showboating antics, and careless turnovers, we do miss his passing ability and court vision. We don't have anyone who can effectively create easy shots--just marginal talent trying to go one on one. I love Brandon's fight, and effort, but he has no court vision --too bad he wasn't 5 inches taller, he could have been a great shooting guard and top defender.

Watched the entire game today. Backed it up a few times to make sure I was seeing things right. I always viewed Manning kind of how I view a freshman player. Yeah he has flaws in his game early, but he brings some raw potential, and over time he should work out the kinks. Our fundamentals this year are just as bad as they were 5 years ago. Its sad because I like our young players. Mucius didn't show much today, but Wright, Hoard, Brown are all going to be valuable college players. Childress is a fine journeyman point guard (but has too much responsibility on him due to Crawford departure). But we are really bad. We could have won that game numerous times, but fundamentally we break down on defense when good coaches dont.

Torrey Johnson is not a high major basketball player. He murders us out there in more than one way. I can't believe he is starting. Wright Jr. is better now, and will be massively better in 2 months. We have no post depth, and Hoard should never come out of the game. We need a new coaching staff bad at this point. The announcer said it right when he commented on this team with Crawford, Moore, and Woods - but still not sure we would be better than possible bubble with Manning at the helm. And obviously I have been as patient as anyone on these boards with Manning's progression, but he simply hasn't progressed. Good teams become good teams in practice...every press conference is a commentary on what the players did during the game, but Manning is missing the point. You win and lose during practice, and Manning and the staff aren't getting the job done.

Going to be a brutal year.

Danny Manning seemed a little choked up/ready to cry in the post-game presser. This despite mostly softball questions. Wonder if they talked to him about the buyout in the locker room after game.

Didn’t watch the second half but GT scored 24 in the last 3:07

That’s on pace for 308 points, which is a lot

Didn’t watch the second half but GT scored 24 in the last 3:07

That’s on pace for 308 points, which is a lot

Lol. Holy hell. What a stat. That’s ridiculous. 24 fucking points in three minutes. Holy shit

Did Manning really say that he had a hard time recognizing when GT was in a zone or a man? They referenced that a few times in the broadcast, but I didn't here the original quote.

I’m calling it right here and now, write it in ink, we will upset Duke at the Joel.

Just kidding times 1,000,000! I don’t think we could win if we started the game with the margin we beat them in football 52-7!

We beat Duke 59-7

Still, it'd be close if we gave them that lead in hoops.

That was the most points GT has scored in a regular season ACC game since January of 2005 (against Virginia, who, coincidentally, was every bit as terrible that season as we are now—remember John Buck’s dunk?).

Watched the entire game today. Backed it up a few times to make sure I was seeing things right. I always viewed Manning kind of how I view a freshman player. Yeah he has flaws in his game early, but he brings some raw potential, and over time he should work out the kinks. Our fundamentals this year are just as bad as they were 5 years ago. Its sad because I like our young players. Mucius didn't show much today, but Wright, Hoard, Brown are all going to be valuable college players. Childress is a fine journeyman point guard (but has too much responsibility on him due to Crawford departure). But we are really bad. We could have won that game numerous times, but fundamentally we break down on defense when good coaches dont.

Torrey Johnson is not a high major basketball player. He murders us out there in more than one way. I can't believe he is starting. Wright Jr. is better now, and will be massively better in 2 months. We have no post depth, and Hoard should never come out of the game. We need a new coaching staff bad at this point. The announcer said it right when he commented on this team with Crawford, Moore, and Woods - but still not sure we would be better than possible bubble with Manning at the helm. And obviously I have been as patient as anyone on these boards with Manning's progression, but he simply hasn't progressed. Good teams become good teams in practice...every press conference is a commentary on what the players did during the game, but Manning is missing the point. You win and lose during practice, and Manning and the staff aren't getting the job done.

Going to be a brutal year.

I nominate wrangor for interim head coach.

Back