• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

KP Report -- Georgia Tech Yellow Jackets - 2 pm Saturday - ACC Opener

Those that tout Manning’s recruiting fail to understand that we were only involved with some potential high profile recruits early on because it hadn’t been proven that he was a bad coach. As soon as that was obvious, the well ran dry. And the only reason Hoard is here is because of Sarr. Really hope he stays. We have decent talent, but the horrendous coaching makes it obsolete.

You are correct which is why it is imperative to move on this year. Manning won’t be able to get away with promising wins because he has shown to be unable to deliver.

Calling for a coaches head is never difficult. There is always cannon fodder. I obviously took an optimistic approach to Manning developing as a coach. He didn’t develop.

Our talent level was getting to a point in year 4 and with the class in year 5 looking good that I hoped manning would improve and the recruits would kick in to take us to a higher plateau.

We tanked miserably in close games and we lost our two best players and 2 role players in the offseason that in a normal scenario would be here.

Not sure what you are looking for...a mea culpa? Obviously my hopes did not come to fruition. I wish they had. We all probably wish they had.

Whose analysis is insightful anyway? Just a Bunch of armchair cowboys speaking out of turn.

Gotta love Wrangor & Rchill proclaiming themselves correct since even though the rest of the fan base made a much more accurate assessment of Manning, they did so with insufficient evidence.

Better just to say that you were too close to the profession to make an objective call.

Or you could just call those that had the accurate assessment "armchair cowboys speaking out of turn". You do you.

You are correct which is why it is imperative to move on this year. Manning won’t be able to get away with promising wins because he has shown to be unable to deliver.

Yep. Was pretty much there last year as well.

Gotta love Wrangor & Rchill proclaiming themselves correct since even though the rest of the fan base made a much more accurate assessment of Manning, they did so with insufficient evidence.

Better just to say that you were too close to the profession to make an objective call.

Or you could just call those that had the accurate assessment "armchair cowboys speaking out of turn". You do you.

+1

You’re providing analysis as though it is insightful. But you’re preaching to the choir. Most of us saw this stuff earlier that you’re just now willing to acknowledge.

Manning is the same coach today as he was day one a wake. Still the same in game issues. He is trying to play zone now? first few years it was man to man with 1 big and 4 under sized guards. Now its tall wings and athletes and play zone.
Exploit match up advantages against the other team? Naw play to their strengths. Game decisions don't work. Players look like practice decisions don't work.

All the signs were there the moment his first game ended. The only question ever was "when will the experiment end?"

I included myself in the armchair cowboy. That is what I am now and so are you. Not sure that is debatable unless someone is paying you to make the decisions. I thought Manning had a chance to turn it around. He didn’t. I can own that.

Ya’ll are so funny sometimes. It’s like you want other fans to wear a scarlet letter for not agreeing. Manning turned out to be a poor hire. Hopefully the next one is much better.

Wrangor, are you convinced DM will be let go at the end of the season?

No clue. But it would make absolute no sense to keep him, so that means he probably stays. [Redacted]'s hire and retention for a 4th year has cured me of assuming wise decisions from Wellman.

We aren't going to win more than a handful of ACC games if we win any at all, and so when our final record has a single digit win column in year 5 it is going to be difficult for Wellman to not fire him if the big bucks behind the AD want him fired. I think it is going to be up to Shah and his crew to make sure that Manning doesn't get a 6th year. If that crew wants another year of Manning, we probably get it. If they don't, I can't imagine Wellman standing in their way. The 5 year record is going to be atrocious save year 3.

Year 1,2 were understandably bad. Year 3 was nice....Year 4,5 will be almost unbearably bad considering the talent that we have had on the roster.

You’re right, I forgot about the last TD. I think Duke would cut it to 25 by half, 10 with 10 minutes left and Duke would end up winning by 10.

How much of a spot would Duke need to give us that would be too much for them to reclaim in 40 minutes? 60 points? 75?

Back