• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

'19 Special & '20 Congressional Election Thread

It's down to 13,000 votes in KY with 95% of the vote and mostly rural counties not counted.

Yeah I’m seeing a few more reports saying it’s still too close to call.

CNN has Beshear ahead by about 11,000 votes with 99% of KY precincts reporting.

Should be noted that Bevin (R-KY) is one of the most unpopular governors in the US. Regardless, this race should not be close.

If Beshear holds on to win, he can thank in part his margin in Jefferson County (Louisville). He carried that county by nearly 100,000 votes, or 67% of the vote. Trump may be popular in rural areas and small towns, but he's clearly just as hated in nearly all larger urban areas.

If Beshear holds on to win, he can thank in part his margin in Jefferson County (Louisville). He carried that county by nearly 100,000 votes, or 67% of the vote. Trump may be popular in rural areas and small towns, but he's clearly just as hated in nearly all larger urban areas.

What’s wild is that Beshear is outperforming in a lot of rural counties as well.

What’s wild is that Beshear is outperforming in a lot of rural counties as well.

From what I've read Bevin really pissed off a lot of people in Kentucky, especially public school teachers, who had it out for him. I'm wondering if Bevin's reduced margin in some rural counties came partly from that. It certainly helped Cooper and hurt McCrory in NC in 2016.

NBC just called Beshear “apparent winner”. Basically the political version of just the tip.

Interesting comment on MSNBC.

Moscow Mitch’s approval numbers in KY are the same as Matt Bevin.

Back