• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

'19 Special & '20 Congressional Election Thread

Florida is a good choice. His vote counts again and a great place for birds. I understand. I went on a field trip down there with Dr. Anderson’s avian biology class.

'19 Special & '20 Congressional Election Thread

Florida is a good choice. His vote counts again and a great place for birds. I understand. I went on a field trip down there with Dr. Anderson’s avian biology class.

Yes! Me too! What year? I think I went in ‘98.

Last edited:
Did you ever take Dr. A’s nurf hoop challenge. He offered us an A if anyone could beat him in H-O-R-S-E. F if you lose. He beat me several times until we decided that dunks were fair game. I was still too chickenshit bet my grade. That was a great class. He was so passionate. Never made it to the Galapagos but did get to see blue-footed boobies on a visit Isla de Plata. Talked to my guide about the alternate egg hypothesis.

I think I was a junior, so Spring ‘96.

Was ‘96 the legendary trip when he drove the van into a ditch because he was birding and driving? I never did the grade horse challenge, but I did play with him often. I got to join his research lab and hang with all his grad students and play horse. That guy was an awesome professor, the totally epitome of the academic value of going to Wake.

I didn't know they taught classes on fictional subjects outside of English departments.

Was ‘96 the legendary trip when he drove the van into a ditch because he was birding and driving? I never did the grade horse challenge, but I did play with him often. I got to join his research lab and hang with all his grad students and play horse. That guy was an awesome professor, the totally epitome of the academic value of going to Wake.

Ha, yes! Sort of. I think it was actually the trip to the Outer Banks where he saw some bird (I think it was just some version of a Kingfisher, nothing exotic) on a telephone wire. We pulled over to look. It was one of those areas where there are the huge ditches along the side of the roads. We pulled over and the van just started sliding down the bank sideways. Next thing, van is in the ditch. I had completely forgotten about that.
Sorry to everyone else who doesn't care about Dr. Anderson's ornithology class and field trips.

Loeffler will cut huge check for Georgia special election

Soon-to-be Republican Sen. Kelly Loeffler plans to spend $20 million of her own money on her 2020 Senate campaign in Georgia — a massive sum that could give potential rivals pause about trying to unseat her.

Loeffler, a wealthy financial executive and co-owner of Atlanta’s WNBA team, was tapped Wednesday morning to replace Sen. Johnny Isakson, who is resigning later this month due to health problems, on an interim basis. She has told advisers in recent days of her intentions to tap her vast fortune to win next year's special election to complete Isakson's term, according to a person with direct knowledge of the decision.

Loeffler, a Republican mega-donor. is the chief executive of Bakkt, a bitcoin trading platform based in Atlanta. Her husband, Jeffrey Sprecher, is the chairman of the New York Stock Exchange.

She is poised to join other immensely wealthy candidates to tap their personal fortunes in recent years. Now-Sen. Rick Scott (R-Fla.) spent over $60 million of his own on his successful 2018 bid, while New Jersey Republican Bob Hugin dropped $36 million on his failed effort the same year.

That’s the one Kemp picked over Trump’s choice, Doug Collins.

Loeffler is pretty hot.

Having grown up in Gaetz’s district don’t see anyway he loses. Dems have always gotten trounced in that part of the state.

Back