• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

'19 Special & '20 Congressional Election Thread

The guy in NC along with this one in CO seems like the start of a trend where a moment of schadenfreud seeing Trump's endorsement go to a loser is offset by the realization the victor is even worse.

I'm not sure if there's a "worse" when they all fall in line at every opportunity.

Let the party face what they've become instead of feigning reasonableness.

from reading twitter, there appears to be quite a few progressives that would be upset if McGrath beat McConnell. These people regurgitate their own BS until they start to believe it.

from reading twitter, there appears to be quite a few progressives that would be upset if McGrath beat McConnell. These people regurgitate their own BS until they start to believe it.

link?

It's basically the same crap about McGrath needing to move to the left to get people to vote for her. It's like they don't even give a shit about beating Mitch becasue they're not excited enough about the candiate who just defeated their preferred candidate whose whole plan was to defeat Mitch.

... their preferred candidate whose whole plan was to defeat Mitch.
No. We don't want your psycho vets and your fuck boi corporate consultant Dems. No matter how desperately you spin up new scenarios, we will not eat green eggs and ham - not in the rain, not on a train, not in Spain.

welcome to twitter dot com

I agree. I'll add something to my previous post. The DCCC or whoever should only step in to recruit people if nobody steps up to run or an absolute shitbag is the only candidate. Otherwise, leave it to Justice Democrats, Emily's List, or Milquetoast Centrist Dems or whoever.

DCCC recruitment is sometimes quite useful - see Steve Bullock. Sometimes it leaves you scratching your head - see Gov Hickenlooper. (Seriously, the guy only has 1 oar and is going in circles. How did he get to be a governor? Inslee and Bullock were way more impressive.) And sometimes it's irrelevant and a waste of $$ - see McGrath.

No. We don't want your psycho vets and your fuck boi corporate consultant Dems. No matter how desperately you spin up new scenarios, we will not eat green eggs and ham - not in the rain, not on a train, not in Spain.

I'm not going any further down this rabbit hole other than to say that if you can't bother to vote for McGrath and Biden, you get what you desreve.

I'm not going any further down this rabbit hole other than to say that if you can't bother to vote for McGrath and Biden, you get what you desreve.

Oh buddy, you don't need to say any more about capital "D" Dems telling me what I deserve, I hear it loud and clear.

Last edited:
It's basically the same crap about McGrath needing to move to the left to get people to vote for her. It's like they don't even give a shit about beating Mitch becasue they're not excited enough about the candiate who just defeated their preferred candidate whose whole plan was to defeat Mitch.

She needs to be authentic. She needs to be herself and stick with it.

I do love watching Democrats police the discourse as if they were helping the party. Most likely I will do as much work to get Amy McGrath elected as any of you will, which is to say none of us will do anything but post about her.

Yeah, I don't live in KY and don't plan to donate any money. It's up to the people of KY who they want to represent them in the US Senate. They've liked Mitch for a long time.

Yeah, I don't live in KY and don't plan to donate any money. It's up to the people of KY who they want to represent them in the US Senate. They've liked Mitch for a long time.

KY is a poorer than average mostly white and rural state. It's culture war central - I mean the fucking dinosaur museum is located there for a reason. Thus bright red. It ain't worth the time and effort.

KY is a poorer than average mostly white and rural state. It's culture war central - I mean the fucking dinosaur museum is located there for a reason. Thus bright red. It ain't worth the time and effort.

The one with people riding dinosaurs?

Last time I was at Keeneland, I think I bet on one.

He's the guy who said Trump has the height and weight measurements of Luke Keuchly.

Back