• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

'19 Special & '20 Congressional Election Thread

Local election but Tampa elected the first openly lesbian (or gay) mayor of a major southeastern city.

Of course she’s also the former police chief who has a poor history of targeting minorities.

But she beat the old rich guy with no experience in public service who tried to buy the election.

Depends. If she has presidential aspirations, it wouldn’t be good to run for senate.

I love the way Ph deals in absolutes. Five of the last six presidential candidate nominees are former senators. And seven of the past nine.

My bad, it was Four of six. Romney ran for senator, but didn't win. So running didn't really appear to hurt him that much.

Last edited:
Biff, the goal is to be President not to just get nominated.

Ph, the point is that running for senate isn't keeping candidates from becoming president.

Ph, the point is that running for senate isn't keeping candidates from becoming president.

Being a senator does. The facts don't support your point. The only senator to win in my lifetime beat a guy who had been in Congress for decades.

Being a senator does. The facts don't support your point. The only senator to win in my lifetime beat a guy who had been in Congress for decades.

I like Pete and I like Abrams but I want my presidents to have more political experience than small town mayor and state rep.

And the evidence is senators don't win general elections.

The senator who won in your lifetime beat a senator. When he ran as an incumbent he beat someone else who had formerly run for the senate, which you said is a bad idea if you want to be president.

Every election is different, but winning the nomination is sometimes harder than winning the election and senators have proven over the past two decades to have a strong track record of winning the nomination.

Those are facts.

The senator who won in your lifetime beat a senator. When he ran as an incumbent he beat someone else who had formerly run for the senate, which you said is a bad idea if you want to be president.

Every election is different, but winning the nomination is sometimes harder than winning the election and senators have proven over the past two decades to have a strong track record of winning the nomination.

Those are facts.

Except when they do.

I feel sorry that you're not understand this. I'll explain it one more time. First, I'm talking about the general election. Second, Obama won because he beat a far more experienced senator. That's an example of my point.

I feel sorry that you're not understand this. I'll explain it one more time. First, I'm talking about the general election. Second, Obama won because he beat a far more experienced senator. That's an example of my point.

I don't feel sorry and nor should you.

How do you win a general election if you don't get the nomination ? Does two senators running against each other for the presidency not indicate that having formerly run for senate doesn't destroy your chances of becoming president ?

Senator Obama won because black people went and voted. Senators Kerry and Clinton lost becasue they didn't.

Those are facts.

I don't feel sorry and nor should you.

How do you win a general election if you don't get the nomination ? Does two senators running against each other for the presidency not indicate that having formerly run for senate doesn't destroy your chances of becoming president ?

Senator Obama won because black people went and voted. Senators Kerry and Clinton lost becasue they didn't.

Why to you keep talking about "having formerly run for senate?" I'm talking about being a senator.

Obama only ran against senators and he beat more experienced senators. Again, that makes my point.

Why to you keep talking about "having formerly run for senate?" I'm talking about being a senator.

Obama only ran against senators and he beat more experienced senators. Again, that makes my point.

Because it's what you fucking said you idiot.

Depends. If she has presidential aspirations, it wouldn’t be good to run for senate.

Because it would hurt her presidential aspirations if she won. Don't be stupid, Biff.

Not really. Also, Romney only ran for senate, he didn't win. He was a governor. Obama beat a former governor.

Back