• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

'19 Special & '20 Congressional Election Thread

Its not just trump. How many gop scandals have been ignored because they need to own the libs?

Build the wall! Build the wall!

Vern Buchanan is an 8 term Republican House Rep from Sarasota. He's facing a tough battle against Margaret Good a state rep who defeated Vern's son in a special election.

At halftime of the NBA Finals, I saw this ad that stresses his bipartisan record including photos of Bush, Obama, and Trump signing his bills. He ran a similar ad in 2018 to survive the blue wave. He's a pretty hardcore Republican so he's definitely running scared.
https://floridapolitics.com/archive...vern-buchanan-effectiveness-bipartisan-record

And at the end of the 3rd quarter just now, he ran an ad saying Margaret Good is the "hand picked candidate of Nancy Pelosi and the radical left." Hilarious.

There's an interesting race developing in VA's 5th District (in the middle of VA, the District stretches from the NC/VA state line to the outer DC suburbs). The District has been controlled by Republicans for 12 years, most recently by Denver Riggleman, who lost the Pub "nominating convention" (they didn't hold a formal primary) at least partially because he officiated over a same-sex wedding.

The Republican candidate is Bob Good is former Liberty U, assistant AD, who has focused his campaign on attacking the recent movement in VA to protect LGBTQ rights, claiming that "religious liberties are under assault. Good is a big-time Trumper. https://ballotpedia.org/Bob_Good

The Democratic candidate is Cameron Webb who has a law degree from UVA and medical degree from Wake Forest. Webb is a physician and a director of policy and equity and UVA law school. Webb was a White House Fellow under Obama and Trump. Naturally, access to health care is big thrust of the Webb campaign. https://ballotpedia.org/Cameron_Webb

The recent polls are tight with Good holding a slight edge.

Webb’s undergraduate degree is from UVA, his law degree from Loyola University Chicago.

Good said he represented the principles of conservative government, which he said included reducing taxes, supporting funding for police, and encouraging economic growth.

While serving on the Campbell County Board of Supervisors, Good said he supported firearm ownership, opposed abortion, and opposed sanctuary cities.

Good praised Donald Trump’s (R) economic policy and said he supported President Trump’s agenda.

All his edumacation cum frum that thar Liberty U.

lossless-page1-2240px-Virginia_US_Congressional_District_5_%28since_2013%29.tif.png

There's an interesting race developing in VA's 5th District (in the middle of VA, the District stretches from the NC/VA state line to the outer DC suburbs). The District has been controlled by Republicans for 12 years, most recently by Denver Riggleman, who lost the Pub "nominating convention" (they didn't hold a formal primary) at least partially because he officiated over a same-sex wedding.

The Republican candidate is Bob Good is former Liberty U, assistant AD, who has focused his campaign on attacking the recent movement in VA to protect LGBTQ rights, claiming that "religious liberties are under assault. Good is a big-time Trumper. https://ballotpedia.org/Bob_Good

The Democratic candidate is Cameron Webb who has a law degree from UVA and medical degree from Wake Forest. Webb is a physician and a director of policy and equity and UVA law school. Webb was a White House Fellow under Obama and Trump. Naturally, access to health care is big thrust of the Webb campaign. https://ballotpedia.org/Cameron_Webb

The recent polls are tight with Good holding a slight edge.

I'm excited about Webb's chances. Yeah, VA-5 is mostly rural with most of the population living below the James River, and its rating is R+6, so it's a tough get. Webb's TV ads have been great, focusing mostly on health care and bipartisanship. He gets that he has to appeal to a lot of crackers. FWIW, I'm seeing a whole lot more of his ads than Good's ads. Not sure if Good is spending more money in the southern part of the district. If Webb does win, it'll be next to impossible to hold in 2022. He's an impressive guy, and I get the feeling he may have higher aspirations. Also interested to see whether Luria and Spanberger are able to hold VA-2 and 7. Less than a decade ago, VA was 8-3 Pub, and now it's 7-4 Dem.

I'm excited about Webb's chances. Yeah, VA-5 is mostly rural with most of the population living below the James River, and its rating is R+6, so it's a tough get. Webb's TV ads have been great, focusing mostly on health care and bipartisanship. He gets that he has to appeal to a lot of crackers. FWIW, I'm seeing a whole lot more of his ads than Good's ads. Not sure if Good is spending more money in the southern part of the district. If Webb does win, it'll be next to impossible to hold in 2022. He's an impressive guy, and I get the feeling he may have higher aspirations. Also interested to see whether Luria and Spanberger are able to hold VA-2 and 7. Less than a decade ago, VA was 8-3 Pub, and now it's 7-4 Dem.

Good is running more ads in the southern part of VA 5th. I live VA 6th, but am only a few miles from VA 5th, so I see ads for both. Webb's are much more impressive. Good is running one that predicts that Webb will cut police funding. It's often immediately followed by one for Webb that features several Sheriffs who support Webb and points out that Good cut police funding when he was on the Campbell County Board of Supervisors.

Bob Good appears to be a far right clown.

Good is running more ads in the southern part of VA 5th. I live VA 6th, but am only a few miles from VA 5th, so I see ads for both. Webb's are much more impressive. Good is running one that predicts that Webb will cut police funding. It's often immediately followed by one for Webb that features several Sheriffs who support Webb and points out that Good cut police funding when he was on the Campbell County Board of Supervisors.

Bob Good appears to be a far right clown.

So the South Boston, VA police department might not get an MRAP?

Hope she gets picked to head the CFPB.

Updated 6:35 PM – Since publication MoeTaxes.com has been updated to replace the “non-white males” and “ruin white males” attack and replaced it with language about how Moe supports “left-wing identity politics.”

Just in case you weren't sure that "left-wing identity politics" is code for working with and supporting people who aren't white.

Moscow Mitch has the consumption. I pray for a quick and slightly painful death.

Back