• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

'19 Special & '20 Congressional Election Thread

An R wouldn’t tackle sexual misconduct in the military.

Yeah he’s gonna win the Senate seat. The governor race was luckily in a non-Presidential year and immediately after he lost huge in the KS Supreme Court in a well-publicized case which involved him, a lawyer, demonstrating he didn’t actually know the law. 2020 is a completely different story and I have 100% faith in the KS MAGA rubes showing up and keeping that seat comfortably red.

Hallelujah. I seriously doubt that she can win a statewide race in a deep-red place like Kentucky, but with her background (Marine combat pilot) at least she'll make the Turtle sweat a little, and she won't back down. He needs to be seriously challenged at every opportunity, even if he is a heavy favorite to win.

Republican challenger to AOC. Local businesswoman and Jamaican immigrant.
https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/politics/elections/2019/07/17/alexandria-ocasio-cortez-scherie-murray-campaigning-unseat-aoc/1753824001/

Last edited:
Nothing burger. She won’t be in trouble from a Pub in her district ever.

Nothing burger. She won’t be in trouble from a Pub in her district ever.

Oh yeah. But that race is going to be a Pub grift machine. Republicans are dumb enough to think they can beat AOC just because the candidate is Jamaican. There’s little they like more than a black friend who makes them feel not racist. All the usual grifters will be out in full force get $25 a pop from little old ladies for this one.

Oh yeah. But that race is going to be a Pub grift machine. Republicans are dumb enough to think they can beat AOC just because the candidate is Jamaican. There’s little they like more than a black friend who makes them feel not racist. All the usual grifters will be out in full force get $25 a pop from little old ladies for this one.

I so look forward to the 24/7 news media focus on this race next year. Next to the presidential race, any GOP opponents to the four "squad" ladies will no doubt receive the most coverage and publicity from right-wing media. The GOP would do virtually anything to remove these women from political life. Given the demographics of AOC's district it's highly unlikely that she's going anywhere, however, at least to a Republican.

Just looking through some of the FEC numbers. Sara Gideon raised $1 million. Given that she announced about a week before the deadline, that's.... something.

Just looking through some of the FEC numbers. Sara Gideon raised $1 million. Given that she announced about a week before the deadline, that's.... something.

Wasn’t there a promise by someone of a bunch of funding for a Collins challenger if Collins voted to confirm Kavanaugh?

Wasn’t there a promise by someone of a bunch of funding for a Collins challenger if Collins voted to confirm Kavanaugh?

Yeah, but I would assume they'd wait until after the primary. I'd hope at least. People are really jumping in too quick to fund Dems who likely have a tough primary before they face the Republican.

Back