• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

'19 Special & '20 Congressional Election Thread

Can't edit, but this is from the site:

This form includes one or more Nominee Funds for offices that are currently held by Republican incumbents. Contributions to a Nominee Fund will be sent to the Democrat nominated to challenge the incumbent for the designated office. Contributions to a Nominee Fund will count towards your general election contribution limit (currently $2,800) to the respective candidate.

Mayor of Clarkston enters GA Senate race.

Bound to be more just like last time.

He barely won re-election last year, and my guess is he sees the handwriting on the wall. Better to leave on your own accord and get a plush lobbying or corporate group job instead of fighting tooth and nail every two years to hang on to a vulnerable House seat.

He should have changed parties. That would have been fun.

He barely won re-election last year, and my guess is he sees the handwriting on the wall. Better to leave on your own accord and get a plush lobbying or corporate group job instead of fighting tooth and nail every two years to hang on to a vulnerable House seat.

Yep, Clinton and Beto both won his district. Probably exhausting - but it does leave Republicans in a tough spot.

Two of the four Republicans who voted to condemn Trump's racist tweets are now retiring.

BTW, looked that up to make sure I had the numbers correct, and this sure is funny:

Speaking with a Pennsylvania talk radio station ahead of Tuesday's vote, Fitzpatrick said he took issue with Trump's tone.

"I agree with a lot of what the President does from a policy standpoint, from tax reform, immigration, when it comes to border security," he said. "What I disagree with the President on is his tone. I am a Ronald Reagan Republican and that's the area I grew up in."

I'm gonna need a good candidate to run in this district so I can go up and knock on some doors.

Also, it will be interesting to see if any other Dems get into the race in TX-23. (Hurd's 2018 opponent, Gina Ortiz Jones, is running.)

Hey, just noticed that Fitzpatrick has a primary challenger:

“Come April 2020, they will be able to vote for an actual Republican… who believes that it’s not good for us to go into the Trump 2020 election, where Trump is going to win the national election for President and us have a weak kneed, fake Republican, Brian Fitzpatrick, Anti-Trump, RINO, Trump hating RINO, as our representative going in on Trump’s coatails,” Meehan said in the announcement video.

Meehan lauds Trump in the video for bringing a “revitalized America” and said that although Trump is not “perfect”, he 100% supports the President. He touts being a “principled conservative” and says that Fitzpatrick is not an actual Republican and considers him a “Democrat, masquerading as a Republican.”

Link

The Austin area has been gerrymandered very badly. It would be nice if Hurd is replaced by a Dem.

Back