• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

'19 Special & '20 Congressional Election Thread

Democrats suck at messaging, but TEXODUS is pretty damn good

Kenny Marchant becomes fourth Texas congressman to retire as GOP exodus grows

Marchant won in 2018 in a close race where his opponent spent $95,000. (Marchant spent over $1 million.)

There seems to be something going on down in Texas. I wonder if there are increasing fears among TX Republicans about the growing strength of Democrats in the state. Beto came within 3 points of winning, and early polls show that some Democratic presidential candidates could make the state genuinely competitive next year. Even though Beto lost, his strong race helped TX Democrats make substantial gains in local and state and judicial races. Most of the urban areas in Texas are becoming more and more solidly Democratic, and that's where most of the growth in the state is happening (as here in NC). If Castro or Beto run for the Senate against Cornyn, it could get interesting.

Hickenlooper Is In For Senate

He's in. Again.

Only this time, former Gov. John Hickenlooper will enter a large the Democratic field to run for U.S Senate. Eleven other Democrats are in the contest to try to unseat Republican Sen. Cory Gardner.

... eleven?? yikes.

Turns out there are other people in these states besides Dem presidential contenders.

Early voting has begun in NC-9 special election.

Trump Jr and Kimber Guilfoyle coming to a rally for Dan Bishop next week in Monroe.

Trump planning to come down for a rally at some point also.

Race promises to be close.

Early voting has begun in NC-9 special election.

Trump Jr and Kimber Guilfoyle coming to a rally for Dan Bishop next week in Monroe.

Trump planning to come down for a rally at some point also.

Race promises to be close.

which one are you going to?

Them Kennedys. Always primarying people.

Is there a more appropriate place for Trump to hold a rally than Fayetteville? I’m sure that’s just the type of people he enjoys meeting.

When will the special election be held?

With two seats open, can they please convince Stacey Abrams to run?

From what I've seen, Kemp will get to appoint a Senator in Georgia, who will have to run in 2020 and 2022. (Similar to Martha McSally in AZ.)

Link

Definitely always bring your fussy baby to town hall meetings.

From what I've seen, Kemp will get to appoint a Senator in Georgia, who will have to run in 2020 and 2022. (Similar to Martha McSally in AZ.)

Link

If Abrams isn't going to be VP, she needs to be convinced to run for one those seats.

Back