• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

'19 Special & '20 Congressional Election Thread

would not put it past some people to be more anti gay than anti black. I can also see some people saying they can't vote for "a gay" and just stay home.

This is going to be a shit show.

Graham is a flip-flopper. He's not authentic. Maybe they feel he doesn't defend Trump enough. He's not independent enough. He's just plain not likeable. Meanwhile Harrison is a pretty likeable nice guy with a good story. Maybe they don't cast a senate vote or even vote Harrison.

It’s not like SC doesn’t already have a black Senator.

Graham is a flip-flopper. He's not authentic. Maybe they feel he doesn't defend Trump enough. He's not independent enough. He's just plain not likeable. Meanwhile Harrison is a pretty likeable nice guy with a good story. Maybe they don't cast a senate vote or even vote Harrison.

I think this is fairly accurate. Scott won his senate seat with ads touting his humble beginnings and work ethic. I specifically remember one that talked about all of the small jobs he has had and how he could relate to every day people. That is not too far from Harrison's story. No one can relate to Graham. He has become too national and doesn't relate to the people of the state.

South Carolina is made up of small towns and sprawling suburbs. Trump will win but it will be closer as the state will start following national suburb trends.

Last edited:
Tillis tests positive for Covid-19.

And then two hours later Cal Cunningham fucks the whole thing up

I knew he was fraud. Way too may John Edwards vibes. I’m still pissed that the moderates rammed his milquetoast ass through the primary instead of the far more qualified (and former teacher) Erica Smith

Dammit, Cal.
https://www.newsobserver.com/news/politics-government/article246191610.html

The texts themselves are pretty mild though. Lots of first base talk.

I was just about to post this. Mild or not, this is definitely going to hurt Cunningham, especially in the suburbs and rural areas. Before this I thought he was a likely winner against Tillis, and one of the better bets for the Democrats to pick up a Senate seat. Now it's up in the air at best, and it may well cost him the seat. What will really hurt him is that this apparently happened just a couple of months ago, not years ago. Really, really stupid on his part. Still a better candidate than Tillis, but at this point it may not matter. Too late for the Democrats to get another candidate too.

Last edited:
And then two hours later Cal Cunningham fucks the whole thing up

I knew he was fraud. Way too may John Edwards vibes. I’m still pissed that the moderates rammed his milquetoast ass through the primary instead of the far more qualified (and former teacher) Erica Smith

He does seems p lame overall. That bbq tweet sealed it.

He does seems p lame overall. That bbq tweet sealed it.

I mean, you can make that BBQ tweet or a right wing muckraking site can publish flirty texts between you and a married campaign consultant. But not both in the same week.

He likely loses now. It’s pretty fucked up that this will sink him in NC, and the Access Hollywood tapes didn’t cost trump the same voters.

It probably does hurt him a little, but someone on Twitter summed it up best: "Cal Cunningham could dropkick an infant into the sun and I'd still vote for him over Thom Tillis"

Back