• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

'19 Special & '20 Congressional Election Thread

Gideon has been pretty consistently up by a few points but nowhere near as much as Biden is up on Trump in ME. I'd call both ME and NC senate races as Dem leans but far from locks. And I've seen Greenfield up a couple or down a couple on Ernst, so that race is intriguing. But I'm not remotely getting what is up with the SC polling. The last 2 senate polls there have essentially been ties, and Biden is only down 5 points in yesterday's poll. I can't believe anything in SC is actually in play, but the numbers are saying otherwise.

I haven't looked at the SC poll, but I've seen criticism that the sample is only 31% Republican. I can't find that on the Quinnipiac website though.

Also of note in Tennessee:

The incumbent congressman for the 5th district (Nashville), Jim Cooper, fended off Keeda Haynes. While losing by 10 points may sound like a lot, she made a HUGE push over the course of quarantine in her first run for public office. Hopefully this is just the beginning for her.

Secondly, that senate seat Marquita Bradshaw is running for churned out about 300k votes between all democratic nominees. The winner of the Pub nomination alone got 330k, and the pubs collectively got roughly 600k.

Last edited:
Also of note in Tennessee:

The incumbent congressman for the 5th district (Nashville), Jim Cooper, fended off Keeda Haynes. While losing by 10 points may sound like a lot, she made a HUGE push over the course of quarantine in her first run for public office. Hopefully this is just the beginning for her.

Secondly, that senate seat Marquita Bradshaw is running for churned out about 300k votes between all democratic nominees. The winner of the Pub nomination alone got 330k, and the pubs collectively got roughly 600k.

yes, we really like Keeda Haynes. I think a lot of people voted for Cooper to ensure a strong chance to win against either one of the Trump lackeys Hagerty or Sethi (who lost).

I too have been waiting my whole life to visit Hitlers vacation home, and I have expectations

This newly created Super PAC has spent $2.5MM opposing Ilhan Omar:

Americans for Tomorrow's Future

Independent Expenditures, Communication Costs and Coordinated Expenses as of August 11, 2020:
Grand Total: $2,493,786
Total For Democrats: $0
Total Against Democrats: $2,493,786
Total For Republicans: $0
Total Against Republicans: $0

Candidate State Party Office Total For Against
Omar, Ilhan MN D House $2,493,786 $0 $2,493,786

that Hitler bro looks awful, but also wild that a Guantanamo Chief Prosecutor is the guy for the Dems

the Berghof was hitler's vacation home and was totally destroyed after the war. what people are confusing that with is the Kehlsteinhaus, known as the "Eagle's Nest", though the nazis didn't call it that. it was a little retreat for Nazis but hitler didn't like it and didn't spend much time there, as i recall.

so GET IT RIGHT SJWs and also wannabe Nazis !

the Berghof was hitler's vacation home and was totally destroyed after the war. what people are confusing that with is the Kehlsteinhaus, known as the "Eagle's Nest", though the nazis didn't call it that. it was a little retreat for Nazis but hitler didn't like it and didn't spend much time there, as i recall.

so GET IT RIGHT SJWs and also wannabe Nazis !

was it like a nazi time share where they had to book individual weeks. or was it just a free for all?

it probably doesn't matter as long as everyone can get their daily procedurally-generated "i hate nazis more than you do, apparently" karma points.

This newly created Super PAC has spent $2.5MM opposing Ilhan Omar:

Americans for Tomorrow's Future

Independent Expenditures, Communication Costs and Coordinated Expenses as of August 11, 2020:
Grand Total: $2,493,786
Total For Democrats: $0
Total Against Democrats: $2,493,786
Total For Republicans: $0
Total Against Republicans: $0

Candidate State Party Office Total For Against
Omar, Ilhan MN D House $2,493,786 $0 $2,493,786

Melton-Meaux has had to go on Twitter like eight times over the past three weeks disavowing various text and phone campaigns saying he's not affiliated with them, even though they're encouraging voters to go to his website and donate and/or vote for him, and they've been linked to PACs like this or various right wing or pro-Israel groups. All to unseat a very promising young star in the party!

Ilhan HAS to win. Her brother-husband-consultant has so much riding on this!

so was I

if i know anything, the nazi bureaucracy around it was probably pretty whack and very bribe-based

the whole "banality of evil" thing always fascinates me. fucking monsters were carrying out a mass genocide and had a fun little beach house to come chill at, get away for a weekend and forget about work for a day or two.

Back