• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

'19 Special & '20 Congressional Election Thread

Some Super PACs are going to be very sad tonight.

It's easy to get caught up in the weeds with all the crap out there about Omar. It's easy to forget she's a badass who is good on the mic and suffers no fools.

One of the most productive freshman congresspeople ever.

the whole "banality of evil" thing always fascinates me. fucking monsters were carrying out a mass genocide and had a fun little beach house to come chill at, get away for a weekend and forget about work for a day or two.

If you haven't seen it, check out an HBO movie "Conspiracy". The tone of it 100% reminded me of corporate off-site meetings I've attended to "improve efficiency" because that's exactly what they were doing, trying to find ways to eke out another 5% kill rate.

I'm jazzed to give Ed Markey my support:

I'm jazzed to give Ed Markey my support:

*knock on wood* ive seen some reports that he has a pretty solid lead in the polls over Kennedy Jr

Yeah I'm not sure why it's so late but it's always this way. It's supposed to be the seventh Tuesday before the election that doesn't fall on a holiday (run into some issues with Jewish holidays up here occasionally). It's the third latest primary date in the country.

Oh hell yeah. That’s a great ad. It’s good to see an incumbent run on literally embracing AOC and her endorsement.

If you haven't seen it, check out an HBO movie "Conspiracy". The tone of it 100% reminded me of corporate off-site meetings I've attended to "improve efficiency" because that's exactly what they were doing, trying to find ways to eke out another 5% kill rate.

That's 1 of my favorite movies of the last 2 decades. Branaugh was great as Heydrich. I love how, after everyone introduced themselves, Heydrich began the Wannsee proceedings by saying, "we have a storage problem in Germany with these Jews." Also loved the line - "General, I have the feeling that I evacuated 30,000 Jews in Riga by shooting them. When they fell, were they evacuated? I just feel it's helpful to know what words mean." If you look at it from their perspective, both Germany and Japan were greatly out-resourced throughout the war by the allies, so why use scarce resources to kill them in a manner that was public and bad for morale. The playwright did a great job with the dialogue and with writing it from the German perspective.

I didn't know she was so young. It's a shame to see someone in their 20s waste that time sucked into the rabbit hole of right-wing nativist politics.

Pelosi has endorsed Kennedy in Massachusetts. So much for not trying to primary incumbents. Weird how that only works against progressive candidates.

Back