• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

'19 Special & '20 Congressional Election Thread

Gooner

Pit League Fantasy Football Commissioner
Reaction score
I figured that now that we have finally reached 2019 after a decade-long 2018, it would be good to start a fresh Congressional election thread. I may be starting this thread just so I can celebrate the retirement of my state's long-serving shitbag Senator Pat Roberts.

Hopefully KS can score another statewide Democrat victory, especially since it will come during a Presidential election.

I may get a congressman in NC09 sometime in 2019.

Pat McCrory considering a run for Burr's senate seat when Burr retires in 2020. Pat's also considering running for governor again, so you never know.

If Kobach runs for Roberts' seat, I'm gonna have to step up my antifa game.

Pat McCrory considering a run for Burr's senate seat when Burr retires in 2020. Pat's also considering running for governor again, so you never know.

I actually hope he runs for something again, because after his governorship I don't see him winning a statewide race ever again. The GOP did well in NC in 2016, and yet McCrory still lost. If he runs, the Democrats will have a great chance of winning whatever seat he's going for.

Politician runs down back staircase and sets off fire alarm and then across his church parking lot to get away from TV cameras so he can watch a football game on TV.

Smarsh tweeted the Sykes article today.

meh, i don't really agree with that sentiment, but no big deal. I plan to read her book when I get a chance.

Too bad Bob Kerrey and Kathleen Sebelius are too old to run to replace Roberts.

Abrams restocks Democratic lawmakers’ campaign coffers

Every Democratic state lawmaker in Georgia will soon find a gift in their campaign coffers: Abrams has given each a campaign contribution through her newly-launched Fair Fight Action’s PAC, totaling about $60,000. The PAC reported raising about $220,000 earlier this week.

In a statement, she said the donations dovetailed with Fair Fight’s mission of “reforming Georgia elections and building progressive power in the state to advocate for issues that matter to Georgians.”

“These leaders will be on the front lines of upcoming battles over the future of our state and we look forward to fighting alongside them,” she said.

Abrams has set a late March deadline to decide whether to challenge U.S. Sen. David Perdue in 2020 or prepare for a potential 2022 rematch against Gov.-elect Brian Kemp.

688ae90e9a90640191f8ae96266f72cf.jpg

This is Matt Jones, the Kentucky sports radio host who has considered running for office in the past.

Back