• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

'19 Special & '20 Congressional Election Thread

Were there always ads airing in the markets where the election isn't held just because you are watching a football game from that state? Caught the Iowa State game yesterday, and there were a bunch of Greenfield and Ernst ads. I've already seen more from them than I have from Mark Warner's opponent. Don't remember that happening before.

I saw an Greenfield (or at least anti-Ernst) ad yesterday and I didn't watch Iowa State play. I forget which game it was. It was a good ad. It was all about Joni has changed since she went to Washington. And it ended with a picture of her six years ago vs. now with her very different haircuts.

Not sure what the haircut... dig?... is

It’s not a dig. She’s an attractive woman with a better haircut now than six years ago. It’s not often you can clearly visualize how someone has changed over six years. This ad takes advantage of that.

No. That wasn't the ad. It was a different one.

Pretty big Quinnipiac Georgia poll released today.
https://poll.qu.edu/georgia/release-detail?ReleaseID=3676

Ossoff-Perdue is very tight at 49-48.
Warnock leads with 31% and 86% of his voters' minds are made up. Lieberman has slipped to 9% and about half of his supporters could switch. Last time I looked, Loeffler and Collins were in the lead for the runoff. Now it looks like Warnock vs. Loeffler or Collins.

A Civiqs poll has Warnock at 38% and beating both in a run off.
https://civiqs.com/documents/Civiqs_DailyKos_GA_banner_book_2020_09_y983ce.pdf

Pretty big Quinnipiac Georgia poll released today.
https://poll.qu.edu/georgia/release-detail?ReleaseID=3676

Ossoff-Perdue is very tight at 49-48.
Warnock leads with 31% and 86% of his voters' minds are made up. Lieberman has slipped to 9% and about half of his supporters could switch. Last time I looked, Loeffler and Collins were in the lead for the runoff. Now it looks like Warnock vs. Loeffler or Collins.

A Civiqs poll has Warnock at 38% and beating both in a run off.
https://civiqs.com/documents/Civiqs_DailyKos_GA_banner_book_2020_09_y983ce.pdf

Time to make sure the lines are long in predominantly African American precincts. GA and FL are the 2 states that appear to excel in that endeavor.

I've really been pleased with Cameron Webb's advertising in my district. As opposed to the former NBC reporter who got crushed last time around, he seems to get that the majority of VA-5 are crackers south of the James. As a doctor, his ads have been focusing on the importance of healthcare in the pandemic, and he's been uttering the bipartisan word a lot. I think he'll get some crossover from establishment Pub types who aren't happy with the Liberty U fanatic the Pubs are running, and I'm hoping for a higher than usual African American turnout. Before Riggleman lost the Pub primary, both Sabato and Cook had this race as likely Pub. Now Cook has it as a toss-up, and Sabato has it as a lean Pub. I think Webb may pull this off. That said, holding it in 2022 is a whole different matter.

He's got a pork butt in there, right? If not, he deserves to lose for that. What the hell?

Is the person running Cunningham's campaign the same person who put Dukakis in that tank?

Lord help him if he starts talking about putting the ball through the "basketball ring."

as I mentioned a month ago or so I'm part of a small group of people in my community who are doing volunteer work for down-ballot races in our area, in particular Eugene DePasquale, who has climbed in the polls to currently have a slight edge over the the R incumbent for the 10th Congressional District (essentially the greater Harrisburg area).

this is sort of a hail mary, but we're hosting a zoom fundraiser on Monday (10/5) for DePasquale - if there are any lurkers in the Central PA area who might be interested or political hobbyists who are similarly interested in possibly passing the word or donating, check it out: Drinks with DePasquale

Latest Quinnipiac poll in SC is 48-48 between Harrison and Graham. No change from two weeks ago.
https://poll.qu.edu/south-carolina/release-detail?ReleaseID=3677

Is this for reals? HowTF are these real numbers from SC? We're talking SfuckingC. Or is this like in 2018 when the SD, TN and MO races were polling closely but then ended up losing bigly? I get Ossoff polling closely in GA because GA has been trending purple. But SC has always been ruby red. Pub nominees traditionally win here by 10-20 points. But this year Biden is only trailing by an average of 6 points, and Harrison has been in a statistical tie. Have a ton of folks from the northeast moved down there in the last 2 years? I still gotta think SC is fools gold until proven otherwise.

There's been speculation that Rock Hill and the southern suburbs of Charlotte could shift eventually SC purple like Fairfax and the other DC suburbs shifted VA from deep red to purple to blue over 20 years. Perhaps Trump is making this shift happen sooner than anticipated. Biff can confirm.

Otherwise, I think we're talking about some of the same suburban trends we're seeing in GA, TX, and other red states.

Biden is only trailing in SC 48-47 in that same poll.

I think Harrison will outperform Biden due to some hate for Graham. If Biden is anywhere close, Harrison has a real shot. If SC is too close to call on Election Day, you may as well call it for Biden and start the party.

There's been speculation that Rock Hill and the southern suburbs of Charlotte could shift eventually SC purple like Fairfax and the other DC suburbs shifted VA from deep red to purple to blue over 20 years. Perhaps Trump is making this shift happen sooner than anticipated. Biff can confirm.

Otherwise, I think we're talking about some of the same suburban trends we're seeing in GA, TX, and other red states.

Biden is only trailing in SC 48-47 in that same poll.

I think Harrison will outperform Biden due to some hate for Graham. If Biden is anywhere close, Harrison has a real shot. If SC is too close to call on Election Day, you may as well call it for Biden and start the party.

Why? Do white folks in SC suddenly find out he's gay, and they hate gay folks more than black folks? I'm kinda doubting that. Reminds me of a line from the movie Lone Star (really good movie, btw) "It's always heartwarming to see a prejudice defeated by a deeper prejudice."

Back