• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

'19 Special & '20 Congressional Election Thread

Not really. Also, Romney only ran for senate, he didn't win. He was a governor. Obama beat a former governor.

We were talking about the 2008 election in which Obama was running as Senator Obama, not President Obama.

Sure, but he was still a former senator.

Who became President by beating more experienced senators. I don’t know why you keep arguing against a simple fact. It would be highly unusual for a senator to win a general election.

Who became President by beating more experienced senators. I don’t know why you keep arguing against a simple fact. It would be highly unusual for a senator to win a general election.

Why do you keep saying that when senators have won the popular vote in four out of the past five presidential elections, including one where two senators were running against each other ?

Why does it matter that Obama only won one senate race ? How many times could Abrams run before here chances are similarly ruined ?

I don’t know why you keep arguing against a simple fact. It would be highly unusual for a senator to win a general election.

Sorry, I can't continue to respond to this thread. I'm busy writing all of the senators who are running for president, who have enormous name recognition, to tell them that they should drop out of the race because they have no chance of woinning, even though the president from three years ago was a former senator. But yeah, I'm the one arguing against facts.

[McConnell] We need to speed up these judicial appointments.
The next judge should decide.[/McConnell]

That’s a mistake for both the country and her career.

I think she really wants the Governor's mansion in Georgia and is going to wait to run for anything until 2020 and challenge Kemp again. I'm disappointed because flipping one of Georgia's seats in the Senate would have been huge (and I don't think there's anyone else who will have a shot at beating Perdue (unless Sally Yates decides to run, and there are no indications she's even contemplating it)), but I get it. She said that we get really hung up in the election process, but at the end of the day, that is basically a job interview and Senator isn't a job that she wants.

Yeah.

People are freaking out, but as 2018 showed, there is plenty of untapped talent out there who could run for Senate and make waves. I hope Abrams will be active in recruiting a good candidate to run.

Could they not find any Spanberger voters?

Anyway, another launch video:

Yeah, but she didn't shoot a bullet through a stack of papers representing policies, so it's tough for me to really picture what she's talking about.

Back