• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

KP - Report Duke Blue Devils - Tuesday ESPN 7 pm

There are some program records that are going to get set tomorrow for each school.

Our worst loss to Duke all time was 94-51 in 2015 (NC year for Duke). CMM was our high scorer with 20, Wilbekin had 11, no one else in double digits. Devin Thomas played 20 minutes, didn't score, and had four PFs.

If Vaseline and/or K-Y ever wanted to sponsor a college hoops game, this would be a good one.

Any chance for bad weather ?

Is I-40 still under construction....can it be closed ?

Any hope for a power failure ?

Watch for Hoard to be brutalized per K's instructions---similar to CP3 at Cameron, and similar to one of Odom's teams that was predominantly freshmen ( probably the same year that Odom started 5 freshman at State and won). We lost by about 40 at the Joel, and afterwords K was asked why he didn't call the dogs off late---he admitted that he wanted to get in the freshmen's heads, and "teach them a lesson".

The WFMY (Greensboro station) sports reporter was slobbering all over that Duke kid's 360 dunk. It made me watch the video from RR's 360 against the Holes. Rogers dunk was better and the hype from the broadcasters (Bob Rathbun and Dan Bonner) was way less. Plus it was against a #3 ranked UNC team that went on to win the NCAA tourney.

And I recall that he had another 360 against State in Reynolds the very next game.

Will we score more than the football team did against Duke, 59 points? Will the margin of defeat be less then the our victory margin of 52 points in the football game?

Watch for Hoard to be brutalized per K's instructions---similar to CP3 at Cameron, and similar to one of Odom's teams that was predominantly freshmen ( probably the same year that Odom started 5 freshman at State and won). We lost by about 40 at the Joel, and afterwords K was asked why he didn't call the dogs off late---he admitted that he wanted to get in the freshmen's heads, and "teach them a lesson".

That was all such BS. Fucking K and Patrick Davidson. I remember how he was praised for a being a "brilliant motivator" while John Chaney at Temple was suspended for doing basically the same thing the next year.

Game was originally scheduled for ESPN2 but got moved over. Sweet.

The WFMY (Greensboro station) sports reporter was slobbering all over that Duke kid's 360 dunk. It made me watch the video from RR's 360 against the Holes. Rogers dunk was better and the hype from the broadcasters (Bob Rathbun and Dan Bonner) was way less. Plus it was against a #3 ranked UNC team that went on to win the NCAA tourney.

And I recall that he had another 360 against State in Reynolds the very next game.

Yeah. I love RR, but you're gonna need to watch both videos consecutively and see if you still wanna stand by this assertion.

I did. And I do.

Well, you sir, are entitled to your opinion. And far be it for me to extend an argument with a fellow Wake fan over the superiority of Duke in anything. We can both just hope that something like doesn't happen like that tomorrow, and bid each other good day.

Not needed....but he will leave his starters in till they hit 100 points.

BTW, will Wellman be there tonight ?

Or in hiding ?

This thread seems superfluous (well they all do at this point), especially so for this game. And on top of everything else, it's a Tuesday without Bojangles!! How will the team AND the 17 students in attendance cope!!?

Quick copy from another thread . . .

I'm a Dukie. Although sadly, I've been hoping for a resurrection of BB at WFU. I say sadly, b/c I was in Joel 10+ years ago when the Deacs came back from a 17-point deficit against Duke to win a game in one of the most electrifying atmospheres I've experienced outside Cameron. You guys used to be a reliable foil against the Satan in Chapel Hill -- a small, private school routinely kicking Tar Hole butt. Then came the unknowable equivocation of the Dino firing, the hiring of the Buzzing Automaton, the "Oh, My Heavens, Yes!" manic fake optimism of your AD, the inevitable crow-eating dismissal of the robot, and now the homecoming of Automaton II.

Please. Please. Even State just made a good hire. Even State. Before everyone forgets what Wake BB used to be, hire somebody with a plan. Somebody with charisma. Turn this shit around. Make me circle the game on my calendar again. Get the "Big 4" back to four.

Well, you sir, are entitled to your opinion. And far be it for me to extend an argument with a fellow Wake fan over the superiority of Duke in anything. We can both just hope that something like doesn't happen like that tomorrow, and bid each other good day.

Fair enough.

Quick copy from another thread . . .

I'm a Dukie. Although sadly, I've been hoping for a resurrection of BB at WFU. I say sadly, b/c I was in Joel 10+ years ago when the Deacs came back from a 17-point deficit against Duke to win a game in one of the most electrifying atmospheres I've experienced outside Cameron. You guys used to be a reliable foil against the Satan in Chapel Hill -- a small, private school routinely kicking Tar Hole butt. Then came the unknowable equivocation of the Dino firing, the hiring of the Buzzing Automaton, the "Oh, My Heavens, Yes!" manic fake optimism of your AD, the inevitable crow-eating dismissal of the robot, and now the homecoming of Automaton II.

Please. Please. Even State just made a good hire. Even State. Before everyone forgets what Wake BB used to be, hire somebody with a plan. Somebody with charisma. Turn this shit around. Make me circle the game on my calendar again. Get the "Big 4" back to four.

Wow, perhaps the least arrogant and condescending comments from a Dukie ever on this board!! Nice! Thanks for your support! Please don't beat us by 40+!!

This thread seems superfluous (well they all do at this point), especially so for this game. And on top of everything else, it's a Tuesday without Bojangles!! How will the team AND the 17 students in attendance cope!!?

17 might be an overestimation. There were less than 10 at the Cornell game. Literally less than 10 students in the student section.

In all seriousness, we have a window here to get a good young quality coach (wishful thinking, AD first ideally) before Williams and K retire. Both those programs are going to suffer - at least temporarily. Really hope we don't fuck this up as winning and winning playing focused team basketball with quality players who play within themselves will be double sweet due to the LONG FUCKING WAIT to see that happen.

Can't wait. I'm penciling in 2021 as that year. Seems like a long fucking time from now. It sucks so bad how we don't develop great players - except for Collins and I guess you could argue Moore. Watching Hoard in game 12 be no better no worse than Game 1 is just an awful look.

Honestly, if I was coach of this team, I would be building it around Sharone Wright Jr. He's our 3rd best player NOW IMO and the only one who will likely be at Wake past next year.

Last edited:
Back