• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

KP - Report Duke Blue Devils - Tuesday ESPN 7 pm

Duke players can cross enroll at North Carolina Central and take classes through that University. Its a more advanced version of the UNC African American Studies Scheme.

Wish we had the same deal going on across town at WSSU! Line I just saw is -21 Duke. Mighty low.

I took summer courses at nc state that counted toward my wake degree. Just sayin.......

The Duke NCCU arrangement involves much more than a few summer courses.

Quick copy from another thread . . .

I'm a Dukie. Although sadly, I've been hoping for a resurrection of BB at WFU. I say sadly, b/c I was in Joel 10+ years ago when the Deacs came back from a 17-point deficit against Duke to win a game in one of the most electrifying atmospheres I've experienced outside Cameron. You guys used to be a reliable foil against the Satan in Chapel Hill -- a small, private school routinely kicking Tar Hole butt. Then came the unknowable equivocation of the Dino firing, the hiring of the Buzzing Automaton, the "Oh, My Heavens, Yes!" manic fake optimism of your AD, the inevitable crow-eating dismissal of the robot, and now the homecoming of Automaton II.

Please. Please. Even State just made a good hire. Even State. Before everyone forgets what Wake BB used to be, hire somebody with a plan. Somebody with charisma. Turn this shit around. Make me circle the game on my calendar again. Get the "Big 4" back to four.

Maybe one day sir........maybe one day. We have been dying a slow painful death of a thousands cuts. Still not sure where rock bottom is.

Oh and Duke is going to ass rape Wake in front of 8 or 9k Duke fans. Going to be a beautiful night. :sick:

You should read more.
Duke students (athletes) can attend classes at North Carolina Central University (NCCU) and have them count toward graduation.

Haha, well thanks for the tip dude but I probably read more than anyone I know...medical literature and other intellectual pursuits just usually take precedence over posts on college basketball forums these days - my bad. I appreciate you taking the time to reply, but there’s no reason to be such a dick (especially considering you know nothing about me). If it wasn’t for people like yourself I might actually stop by more often.

And then you reply by stating the obvious: “Duke students (athletes) can attend classes at North Carolina Central University (NCCU) and have them out toward graduation.” No shit! I assumed that much genius. Since I wasn’t able to find much about it after a quick google search, I was hoping someone could perhaps provide some more specific info regarding how many classes they are able to take at NCCU, etc.

Robert O’Kelley?? Really? All this time I had no idea that you were such an arrogant moron…

(FYI: disregard my previous post...I clearly have no idea how to use this app, ha)

Miami, you raise a good question and one I would like to see the NCAA address. Ha, ha that will never happen while ratface is in charge. Plus, don't take that too personal. Deaconblue seems like a good dude and was probably just making a joke - kind of like kids at Duke taking classes at NCCU...

Miami, you raise a good question and one I would like to see the NCAA address. Ha, ha that will never happen while ratface is in charge. Plus, don't take that too personal. Deaconblue seems like a good dude and was probably just making a joke - kind of like kids at Duke taking classes at NCCU...

You’re right. I’m sure he is a good dude. After I posted that I realized how much of a little bitch I was being, but I’m not sure how to delete it! haha

My apologies Deaconblue...It’s been a really shitty day and I shouldn’t have taken it out on you.

Last edited:
Didn't mean to be snippy about the NCCU -Duke situation. It has been discussed multiple times in some depth on the boards. Most recent was around the Duke-NCCU football earlier this season.

There seem to be two main undergraduate joint programs: allied medical sciences and African, African-American and Diaspora Studies.

Rushing the court after beating Duke at the Joel in 2008 at the Win 4 Skip game is one of my favorite memories of being a Wake fan.

Didn't mean to be snippy about the NCCU -Duke situation. It has been discussed multiple times in some depth on the boards. Most recent was around the Duke-NCCU football earlier this season.

There seem to be two main undergraduate joint programs: allied medical sciences and African, African-American and Diaspora Studies.

I like a good conspiracy theory as much as anyone, but I have a daughter at Duke, so I checked this out. There are no joint undergraduate programs between Duke and NCCU.

There is an inter-institutional agreement between Duke, UNC, NCSU, UNC-G, UNC-C, and NCCU that allows students from one institution to take a limited number of courses at another. Under the agreement, Duke students can take up to one course per semester at one of the other schools if the course is not offered at Duke that semester and is worth one full course credit (four hours).

https://trinity.duke.edu/undergraduate/academic-policies/courses-interinstitutional

‎Robin Douglas‎ to Demon Deacon Sports Nation
1 hr ·
Looking forward to tonight's game against Duke.
GO DEACS!

The sunshine brigade still going strong over at Demon Deacon Sports Nation.

I just hope Wellman enjoys his pro-Dook crowd at the Joel tonight.

I like a good conspiracy theory as much as anyone, but I have a daughter at Duke, so I checked this out. There are no joint undergraduate programs between Duke and NCCU.

There is an inter-institutional agreement between Duke, UNC, NCSU, UNC-G, UNC-C, and NCCU that allows students from one institution to take a limited number of courses at another. Under the agreement, Duke students can take up to one course per semester at one of the other schools if the course is not offered at Duke that semester and is worth one full course credit (four hours).

https://trinity.duke.edu/undergraduate/academic-policies/courses-interinstitutional

It’s almost as if Duke lets students take college courses. Crazy!

‎Robin Douglas‎ to Demon Deacon Sports Nation
1 hr ·
Looking forward to tonight's game against Duke.
GO DEACS!

The sunshine brigade still going strong over at Demon Deacon Sports Nation.

Those folks are in need of therapy. They're out of touch with reality.

Why water down your degree like that?

I did this too. Why? Because I didn’t want to have inevitable Ds or Cs in freshman philosophy and Brit lit as anchors on my transcript.

Here's another sign of the decline of Wake basketball- this morning I have been offered tickets to the Duke game by 2 different people. Can you imagine people giving away tickets to Wake-Duke 10 years ago?

And I turned them both down. I do have another commitment tonight but in the past, I would have rearranged my schedule to go.

Back